Chapter |50| Finally Lost

My popularity tripled in the past week

My popularity tripled in the past week. Apparently my interview was the 'talk of the year' and was more successful than Rory and Ivy's.

Yep, she definitely wasn't too happy about that, but I wasn't about to let her negativity bring me down.

I was finally in a good place with Hardin, my friendships with Rory, Flo and Wyatt were steady, Ivy was leaving me alone and I was happy.

For the first time in forever, I was happy.

However today was the physical competition, the last ever competition I would have to compete in.

I'd never been great at the physical competitions but today I was going to give it my all. Both the King and Hardin were going to be there, alongside a huge audience, so I had to try my hardest and at least had to come second.

The theme was gladiator as we were fighting in an Ancient Greek style arena. Each of us took three sword lessons with Wyatt and I almost poked my eyes out.

To be honest, we laughed more than actually practice.

Flo had already done my make-up and was now focusing all her attention on my hair.

My make-up was dramatic, with my eyes boldly lined with thick eyeliner and a layer of gold glittering eye shadow, dusted on top. My lips were glossed and highlighter was coated along my cheeks, Cupid bow and nose.

Styling my hair into a thick French braid, Flo pinned it to my head, so it acted as a crown and then skilfully placed in a gold leaf that stuck out.

She sprayed on some hairspray and gold glitter which made me sparkle, before bringing out the showstopper. My outfit.

The main piece was quite simple. A plain white crop top that was ruched at the top and a matching pleated mini skirt that was tied together with a simple gold rose. The shawl tied the whole thing together though.

It was long and flowed out to the floor, as it trailed behind me when I walked. Intricate gold roses were drawn on top and it was tied to my wrists, representing my status as a prisoner forced to fight in the arena, which to be honest isn't much off the real thing.