Chapter |41| A Deadly Surprise

^^Listen to: Bird set free ~ Sia whilst reading this chapter.

"So, how do you feel?"

How did I feel? Nauseous, scared, regret, anxious, but above all...

"Excited. I feel excited." Hardin's confidence inspired me to be strong.

I could do this, and if I couldn't then whatever. People would laugh or they would be bored and I would come last. It wasn't the end of the world.

I decided to link my entire performance to the one thing my people craved. Freedom.

I was hoping that I would get a good response from people in the sectors, labs and Academies. I wanted to inspire people to fight, to take a stand, to be free but without all the political drama that went with it.

So, I thought my safest bet would be to express it through a dance.

I was up next. So far Astrid had painted the scene in-front of her, which was near to a thousand people watching her including Hardin and the King. The audience was wowed by the accuracy and her speed.

Then, Ivy decided that a ton twirling was her calling. She was very skilled actually, and even managed to slip in a back flip or two.

Rory was currently juggling, I know right? She started off with a couple of balls and is now juggling water melons. It was safe to say that the audience was wowed.

My costume was by far the best, thanks to my very skilled handmaiden. I was a bird. Not the sexiest costume but Flo certainly made me look good. I was wearing a sky blue leotard, with long sleeves that had feather wings attached to them. My legs were lined with blue fishnets and feathers was intricately placed into my pinned up curls.

My make up was mostly light, excluding my eye shadow, that was thick layers of almost every shade of blue and white. Blue jewels were covering my exposed skin, including on my forehead and inner eye.

"Wow I always thought you were a cow and a pig, maybe even a hippo but a bird...no, I don't see it." My hand itched to slap Ivy so hard her that she fell on her flat ass.

"Good thing, I didn't ask for your opinion then." She scoffed and stormed away, flicking her perfect blonde curls over her shoulder.

"You ready?" Xander was more nervous than me, especially since the news that I could dance was just spring on him less than an hour ago. He was even more wary of my costume, but I was praying that the dance blew him away.

For some reason, I felt this strange urge to impress him or something.

"I'm ready. Let's do this." Flo quickly ran over and smoothed out the wrinkles in my costume, before my name was called out and I was pushed onto stage.