Chapter |30| Be Our Guest

The bright sun beaming in from the open windows acted as my alarm clock

The bright sun beaming in from the open windows acted as my alarm clock. The time was almost one in the afternoon, a consequence of my sleepless night.

I stretched like cat under the sun and my fingers brushed over my lips as last night's memories came flooding back.

Even though we kissed before, that kiss was different. It was a kiss filled with promise, affection, dare I even say love.

I wanted more and more and I was pretty sure that if it wasn't for him putting a stop to the kiss, things would have gotten far more heated.

He told me that he would choose me if the competition had to end.

Me, and although I wanted this, that was a pretty scary thought. I wanted to be with Hardin but I didn't necessarily want to be Queen. I didn't think I'd thought this whole thing through properly and neither had Hardin.

He needed someone fully equipped to be Queen and rule beside him, and I just didn't know if that was me?

"Ahh, tell me everything." Flo squealed, rushing into the room. I quickly sat up, arranging the duvet so it was wrapped around me like a cocoon and made room for the giddy girl.

"Wait, I need to know too." I was as shocked as Flo to see Xander walking in, shutting the door behind him, and sitting down next to Flo.

"What?" He snapped, staring at our matching bewildered expressions.

"Sorry, we just didn't think you would up for girl talk." I teased.

"Haha, very funny but it's my job to make sure you win his heart and I want to know before the public do."

"Well, there were no cameras so you don't have to worry about that. He wanted it to be private." I whispered, as my thoughts trailed off to our date underneath the stars.

"That sounds promising. So did you guys, you know?" Flo asked suggestively, raising an eyebrow at me.

"What, no! How could you even think I would do that with him so soon?" I exclaimed, completely mortified that we were having this conversation in-front of Xander of all people.

"Fine, fine. What else?" I rolled my eyes, continuing on with my story.

"He took me to the planetarium. It was dark, beautiful and peaceful. There was a picnic blanket set out in the middle and candles everywhere. We ate lots of delicious sweet treats and watched the stars and planets pass by. We talked as well, and then we simply laid on our backs in silence. It was amazing. Then, he walked me back to our room."

"And.." Xander urges, causing my cheeks to flame up.

"You certainly wouldn't be gushing like that with red cheeks if something hadn't happened." Woah, it was like he could read minds.

"Xander!"

"Come one, don't be a prude about it. Tell." I sighed and then bit my lip as Hardin came to mind.