Chapter |6| The Girls

The sound of someone walking around my room with heavy footsteps, brought me out of my deep sleep

The sound of someone walking around my room with heavy footsteps, brought me out of my deep sleep. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, clearing my vision, to see Flo placing a tray down on my desk, before yanking the blinds open. The harsh light beams through and immediately hits my eyes, causing me to squint.

"Uppity up. You're gonna end up being late again. Come on, it's orientation." I groaned as she grabbed both of my arms and dragged me up into a seated position. I can't even fathom how she's already dressed, energised and ready to go. Especially since she was up later than me last night.

Uh last night. A night filled with complete and total embarrassment and humiliation. After that handsome stranger left me stranded in the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by tons of people staring and pointing at me, I froze. I guess freezing up during embarrassing moments is just in my nature.

Thankfully, at least one good thing came out of last night. I made a friend, not someone I can trust quite yet, but still a friend nevertheless. Rory gently pulled me away from the dance, snapping me out of my daze, and sat me down at our table. She gave me a glass of water, which seemed to bring me back to my senses, and sat next to me to keep me company.

The party continued to go on for hours, and it baffled me at how much royals could drink and how long they could party without rest. The dance floor was packed until around two in the morning at which the King finally bid us all goodnight with two young girls at his side, giggling along at all the lame ass jokes he made.

Flicker finally announced that the party was over and we could all retire back to our room, which I exactly what I did. I'm so glad I had Rory, since our rooms were on the same floors so even if I did end up getting lost, I wouldn't be alone. I didn't see any of the other girls, not even Freya after her shocking and interesting statement.

Flo was already waiting for me when I got back and she had a set of satin blue pyjamas in her hand for me. She started to badger me about the ball and I felt bad for saying nothing happened but I didn't want to cause her any worry or make myself look like anymore of a fool than I already was.

She drew me a bath and after a long soak I finally went to bed, whilst Flo continued to clean and prep the room for tomorrow. I told her to leave and rest but she declined saying that if Xander were to come he would have her head for not tidying up the room properly.

I feel bad for her. It must be hard living a life where you're constantly striving to impress other people.

She rearranged my wardrobe three times until she was satisfied and even then she carried on cleaning. It must have been around four in the morning, before she left and I finally fell asleep.

"Is this okay for today? It's only an orientation so you don't need to wear anything too fancy like last night." I nodded as I stretched my arms, hardly caring about fashion right now.