Chapter |39| Caught

It was the dates so I would either watch the guy I liked, go on a date with another girl, or I would go on a date with him whilst the whole population watched

Today was spent reading and hanging out with Rory. The darts that she was shot with, wore off a couple of hours after the attack so she was fine.

I also hadn't seen, nor spoke to either of the guys in my life. Hardin and Wyatt were the only things on my mind.

I missed Wyatt. I missed our friendship, our movie nights, the way he made me laugh and forget all about my problems, and then there was Hardin.

There was doubt that he probably heard about mine and Wyatt's argument. Thankfully, it wasn't recorded or filmed but lots of people witnessed it.

Now I had to deal with a normal problem for once, what to wear.

After an hour, I finally decided on a simple velvet back dress with spaghetti straps, a modest neckline and a long slit in the skirt, revealing my left leg. I paired it with some black pumps, a chunky diamond necklace and some matching earrings.

My hair was softly curled, my onyx locks matching my dress perfectly and Flo slid a diamond hair clip into my hair, pinning the right side back

My make up was dramatic and bold. My lips were painted a deep shade of red, my eyeshadow was black and smoky, with a thick layer of eyeliner underneath and the bronzer was piled on.

Xander escorted me down in silence. Neither of us have spoken about what occurred that night at the maze. We were both scared, both fearing for my life and yet Xander looked more upset than me.

It was nice to know that someone genuinely cared about me. I honestly didn't want to even think about life without Xander, Flo and Rory.

I made my entrance. The cameras flashed brightly, snapping me at every angle and reporters were screaming out my name left right and centre.

Flicker caught my eye and gestured for me to talk to them. I took a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.