Chapter |29| A Date From The Heavens

Two guards stepped forward and swung open the doors for me

Two guards stepped forward and swung open the doors for me. Gracefully, I walked down the long set of marble stairs and took my seat, right at the end. I didn't miss the small smile Hardin flashed me as I went, it was so hidden that I barely noticed it myself.

The ends of his lips curled up and then just like that, it was gone.

I guess with about a hundred cameras filming you, you had to be careful with every move you made.

"Welcome Dahlia, tonight the Prince will once again be taking one of our beautiful ladies on another date. For one of them, it's their last chance to score a date with our handsome Prince, so good luck to all. First though, let's show the scores." 

The screens flashed our scores, mine being 22, putting me in second place and only one point behind Ivy. I could hear Sienna gasp when she first got a glimpse at her score of 12, meaning she was in last place, but I guess karma's a bitch.

The scores then switched to the votes. Apparently that little show that me and Ivy put on during the sexual competition caused my votes to spike. I was now third place, barely in- front of Astrid but miles ahead of Sienna.

Now I kind of did feel bad for the girl.

"Okay so it's clear Ivy is our front runner for the votes, congratulations Miss Ivy." The audience roared in approval, the loud deafening applause filling the room.

"Now, our Prince is going to choose his date." I bent forward to watch as Hardin stood up, brushing the dirt off his immaculate suit, and then started to stride towards us. I could practically hear my heart beating faster and faster with every step he took.

Our eyes met and nothing else mattered. No-else was watching every move we made, no- one else was here, it was just us.

"Would you be so kind as to go on a date with me?" I think I just lost the ability to speak, and the sly wink he gave me just topped it all off.

"Yes, I would be honoured." I took his hand and he pulled me, wrapping an arm around my waist to keep me steady, since I felt like my legs were going to give in any minute now.

"Just breathe." He whispered into my ear, his hot breath fanning my cheek, causing every hair on my body to stand up.

We walked out of the room, a huge smile plastered on for the cameras, making me look like the luckiest girl on the planet right now. It dropped the moment we left but was replaced with a small shy smile instead.

"You look absolutely beautiful. Like an angel sent down from the heavens." His hands were running up and down my waist as he bent down to kiss me. I quickly swerved his puckered lips and clamped my hand around his mouth.

"Uh no. You have to take me on a date first mister, I'm not easy. You'll have to work hard for a kiss tonight." I slowly removed my hand and then started to walk off, before stopping when I remembered I had absolutely no idea where I was going.