Chapter |18| Parading Around

The first elimination was just hours away, and after Hardin's heart breaking rejection, I was left confused and  panicked

The first elimination was just hours away, and after Hardin's heart breaking rejection, I was left confused and  panicked. I still didn't know what I did for him to choose someone else.

He looked so mad and hurt, like I was the one who broke his heart. Maybe I could find some time to quickly talk to him, but I doubt it.

Since today was the first elimination, Xander is staying with me the whole day and trying to teach me how to present myself at the elimination and how to be strong, but I knew that none of it mattered.

Only Hardin knew who was going, only he could decide.

Today was a little different. Everyone was busy preparing to get ready for tonight. It's apparently the biggest event yet and the audience is going to have well over five hundred people in it.

Lots and lots of excited people waiting in anticipation for the first elimination.

We were having the brief now, two hours before the actual event, which was nerve-wracking in itself. I made my way to the conference room and took my seat beside Rory, who gave me a nervous smile.

Danielle and Sienna were both sitting next to Astrid, who was blushing furiously, probably from recounting the details of her date. I felt physically sick thinking about Hardin touching her hand, his lips brushing against her cheek, his eyes boring into hers.

"Welcome girls, and I know you're probably all a little scared for tonight's elimination but try to have fun. Today's event is going to be a chance to show off your bodies and strut the stage. You girls are going to be competing in a pageant. There will be three rounds. The first will be a swimsuit round, the second will be ball gowns and you will answer some questions given to you by the Prince, then for the third you will change again and it will be the elimination. So, go get ready for the swimsuit and make sure your hair and make-up matches all three outfits. Have fun girls!" Flicker was surprisingly very cheerful today, which was definitely weird.

"Are you excited? I mean, a pageant will be fun right?" I just nodded and let my legs carry me back to my room.

Despite forgiving Rory, I couldn't just forget everything she'd done. It would take time but last night was great. We watched movies, ate junk food and didn't go to bed until three in the morning.

Xander was not happy that I didn't get my full ten hours beauty sleep but to be honest, I didn't sleep much anyway. Every time I shut my eyes, I saw Astrid and Hardin on what should have been my date.

Whatever, I guess I'll just have to own that stage but I've never modelled in my life so I don't know how I'm going to do that exactly.

"I have an idea. It's the elimination right, and all my outfits have to match so let's go with a simple but classic. Something sexy but also really elegant. Black. It's also perfect in case I get eliminated." Flo eyes lit up as if she got an idea and she rushed over to the phone. She was very careful to make sure I didn't hear the conversation, and then dragged me over to the chair, facing the vanity.