Chapter |8| Lurking In The Dark

"What did you say?" I tried to ask with confidence, but my voice was trembling in fear

"I asked if you were lost, which clearly you must be if you're in here." He spat, and it made me wonder if I really did imagine him calling me baby girl.

Wow, my mind is playing some cruel tricks on me today.

Suddenly the lights flickered on, and I jumped back when I found the man barely a metre away from me. I must have been considerably smaller than him, as my head faced his chest, so I slowly looked up and then gasped.

I never thought a person could be so beautiful, but this man could be considered a piece of art.

The man had dark brown curls, tousled on his head, and sun-kissed skin. His nose was sharp and straight, just like his jaw, which was clean shaven, with not a hint of stubble. What really shook me though were his eyes. They were the same stormy grey colour as the man I danced with yesterday, and they even had the same same flakes of black swirling around inside them.

I took in his attire which was tight fitted white shirt, the top four bottoms were undone, which gave me a slight peek at what I'm sure is a chiseled chest, a pair of black jeans that hung low off  his waist and then surprisingly no shoes.

"Are you done checking me out?" He said smugly, a slight smirk playing on his lips. I scoffed and then pushed past him.

Now that the lights were on, I could see every single amazing detail of this room. There were paintbrushes, easels, canvases and paper scattered all over the room. It's clear that they had been here for quite some time, since they were collecting a large amount of dust on them.
Pencil drawings and sketches of what looked to be constellations and diagrams of anything concerning space, were practically etched onto every surface.

I looked up to see hundreds of tiny diamonds encrusted into the black ceiling, replicating the night sky. Two red curtains were draped closed, with a large gold telescope sat in-front it.

Curiosity got the best of me and I moved the curtains aside to see a huge oval glass window, and possibly my only escape route. No wonder someone wants to keep this place a secret. The beauty of the place is priceless in itself, never mind the hundreds of diamond up above.

"Close them." The man's gruff voice ordered, making me remember that he was hear. The sheer beauty was enough to make you forget everything else.

"Did you hear me? I said close them." He practically shouted, walking forward and shutting them himself.

"How did you find this place? What are you doing here?" I desperately wanted to know if this was the man from last night but from the clear look of anger in his eyes, I decided it was best to just answer his question first.

"Well I was exploring, like I was told I could do, when I suddenly tripped. My shoe came off so I grabbed onto this candlestick thingy to strap it back on and then wall began to magically turn, and I ended up here with you." He studied me for a few minutes, probably trying to deduct whether I was lying or not.