Chapter |43| Voices

^^Listen to: Train wreck ~ James Arthur whilst reading this chapter.

It had been a week since the big elimination, meaning a whole week of my isolation from the outside world

It had been a week since the big elimination, meaning a whole week of my isolation from the outside world. The only person I saw was Flo, I even turned Wyatt and Rory away.

The guilt was consuming me. I had nothing to feel guilty about but clearly Astrid felt different.

Every night, every damn night I had the same recurring dream.

It was Astrid, headless, and I was forced to sit there and listen as she blamed me over and over again. Her lover would die from heartbreak, he blamed me too, and then Hardin would be the one to kill Astrid as I watched.

My mind kept replaying the scene, over and over again. The blood, the gore, the screams. It plagued me.

I had become a recluse, and every day was a fight to try and silence the voices.

Tonight though, I was forced to come out of my shell. It was the dates and unfortunately I had no choice than to attend.

I should have been halfway out of the kingdom by now but Wyatt grassed on me. He informed Xander that I 'wasn't in my right mind' and told him all about my plan to escape. Xander threatened to chain me to the bed if I tried to leave again and so here I am.

I would act like the perfect little doll for him. I would dress the part, act as he wanted but I would not be myself. I would not act as I usually would and most importantly, I would not try.

The thought that terrified me the most though was what if Hardin chose me for a date? What would I even say to him? How would I cope?

I hadn't been in his presence all week and just the thought of it made my skin crawl.

Flo forced me down in the chair as she worked on my hair. Her face held no expression like usual, she refused to even look at me. I felt bad, truly.

She was innocent in all this yet she just had to get caught up in it. I know I had hurt her feelings by trying to run away but to be honest, I hadn't even thought about how it would affect her.

It was a selfish move on my part, but then again, after all these years hadn't I earned a little selfishness?

My hair was lightly curled and pinned to my head in an chignon. Some curls unraveled and fell down my nape but neither of us cared enough to fix them.

My make-up was elegant and soft, with my lips painted a rosy pink colour and my eyes brushed over in dusty pink. My eyebrows were filled in so lightly you could barely tell and my highlighter was applied so quietly that it almost looked natural.

I slipped on my evening gown for the night. It was dazzling with sequins and jewels painted all over that it sparked under the light. The material was baby pink and it was tight at the top, before flowing down to the ground and trailing behind me as I walked. The neckline was more moderate then some of the other dresses I had worn, and it had thin spaghetti straps that kept slipping off my shoulder.