Chapter |38| The Maze Of Horror

I looked behind me as the light slowly vanished and the audience along with it

I looked behind me as the light slowly vanished and the audience along with it. It was just us four now. No cameras, no-one else. We were all alone.

"This is crazy, and really really scary." Rory whispered, huddling closer to me.

"I can't believe they're making us do this." Astrid said, her voice as timid as usual.

"Whatever, we have to do this. Let's just spilt up." Rory shot Ivy a sharp glad

"Spilt up? Are you crazy, that's how everyone dies!" She wasn't wrong, but then again we weren't allowed to work together.

"I'm leaving. The quicker we do this, the quicker we leave." Ivy left, storming off and disappearing as she turned the corner.

"I need to get out here." Astrid quickly pulled out her remote and slammed her thumb against the red button. I waited for something to happen, but nothing did.

Then, Wyatt's words rung in my ears again. 'The King doesn't care if you die. In fact he's hoping that you will so that the show gets more views.'

This will all a trick. These buttons didn't work. If we really did need help, no-one would be coming. The only way out was by relying on each other.

"Ivy." I called out, but nothing. Astrid was still manically pressing the button, tears pricked the corner of her eyes, whilst Rory stared on in horror.

Then, a scream. A high-pitched wail coming from where Ivy had run off to. The three of us looked at each other and then ran.

Yes, I hated the girl but I wasn't willing to let her die just so the King could have some entertainment.

We all froze when we turned the corner. A floating figure stood before us, Ivy was on her knees looking like she was in a trance as the monster stroked her hair.

Then, it looked up. We didn't dare move, even though I wanted to scream. I wanted to run and cry and beg for help but I stayed put.

The ghost-like figure travelled over to us, it's long white hair trailing along the floor, and it grinned, stopping less than a metre away.

"La, la, la..." The voice was melodic. The perfect pitch, the perfect harmony. It sung the tune over and over and I watched as Rory and Astrid dropped, trapped in a similar stance to Ivy.

Not me though. Whatever was happening, did not affect me at all.

Upon seeing this, the creature hissed baring its sharp teeth and it's snake-like tongue. It lunged for me, its bony fingers outstretched and aiming for my throat. I quickly dived to the floor and then kicked the figure in the face. It fell backwards, I got up and ran.

I didn't even know where I ran to, I just ran. Turning corners as I went, trying to memorise my way back until I came across something great.

Something that could potentially save my life.