Chapter |46| Let The Music Play

^^Listen to: Can't help falling in love with you ~ Haley Reinhart whilst reading this chapter.

True to his word he did give me a kiss that made everyone else feel inconsequential. The sly bastard snuck into my room after I fell asleep and awoke me with a gentle kiss. Then, it got a little heated.

Thankfully he left before things could get too far but my lips were still yearning for his.

Today though was the intellectual competition. The last one I would ever have to do. It was the final month, and the countdown had began for the big choosing ceremony.

Everything felt extremely real now.

As usual I dressed in the clothes Flo had laid out for meprior to today. My outfit was simple, a white cashmere sweater and some black jeans. I shoved my feet into a pair of fluffy boots and then pulled my hair back into a low ponytail.

I ditched the make up, and sprayed a can of deodorant all around me. Once satisfied, I walked out the door and headed straight towards the conference room.

There was a slight skip in my walk as I grinned at each guard I passed. These past few days had been complete bliss. Me and Rory enjoyed our movie marathon and even Ivy kept her not so subtle remarks to herself.

I guessed the fact that we were all finalists was finally starting to kick in.

I swung open the door and Xander immediately waved me over. He was dressed surprisingly casual today, and a small smile graced his otherwise grumpy face.

Flicker was beside him, her smile matched his, and I quickly figured out why his sudden change in mid had come about.

"Hi Arabella, you look lovely." That was probably the first compliment I'd ever received from her.

"Thank you, so do you." She gave me a polite nod of her head, before excusing herself and walking to the front of the room. I sat beside Xander and grinned at Rory, as we waited for the brief to begin.

"Welcome ladies to your last ever intellectual competition, which will be held tonight. For now though you have the rest of the day to pick one of these instruments," She ripped a cloth away, revealing shiny instruments, all polished and ready to be used. "and play a song for the audience and public tonight. I'd be very careful of your song choice as the Prince and King will be watching of course, and remember that you can use any instrument you want. Even a triangle or the spoons if you dared."

She left us to think and boy, was my mind racing. I was thinking about how I'd never played any instrument in my life, how I'd look like a total fool up there, how I'd embarrass myself in-front of Hardin.

Then, I was pulled up and shoved to the front of the room. An array of different instruments lay before me, even a didgeridoo. My eyes scanned them all until they settled on one.