Chapter |31| A Dance To Remember

The doors opened wide and, in they strolled

The doors opened wide and, in they strolled. Astrid was the epitome of beauty at that moment.

The spotlight was hitting her perfectly, her long white hair was styled into a Dutch braid, that had flowers intwined into the braid itself. Her dress was lilac and had a sweetheart neckline, with off the shoulder sleeves.

It trailed behind her gracefully as she walked down each stair with grace. Her arm was wrapped around his arm and the crown on his head gleamed brightly. His navy blue tux was smart and pristine, a silver sword hidden by his jacket was peeking out.

They looked like a couple, they looked like they belonged together.

Rory had the same morbid expression on her face as I. It was clear every girl in this place was jealous of her. None of us had walked with Hardin like this before, in public with the whole kingdom watching closely.

They took to the stage, as the orchestra started to play a slow song, and his hands settled on her waist as they gently swayed back and forth. Their eyes never drifting from one another's and everyone else's were firmly fixed on the stunning couple.

I had to stop myself from crying. Dancing was our thing.

I always thought people would remember me as the girl who danced with the Prince that fateful night but now they'll remember that girl as Astrid because their dance was so much better.

At least he didn't run away like last time.

The song ended, and then another quickly started up and instead of leaving to greet the rest of us, we watched in jealousy and anger as she convinced him to dance with her again.

Other couples joined and Rory was swept away by a man dressed as Peter Pan.

I sat there silently, focusing all my attention on the piece of cake sitting in-front me. It was three layers of chocolatey goodness and usually I would devour the whole thing in seconds but my appetite was gone.

"He fell into despair, and lost all hope." The voice whispered softly. I smiled and bit my lip.

"For who could ever learn to love a beast?" I recited, and then quickly turned to see my Prince standing there in all his glory.

"Well it looks like we dressed to match, my Princess." He gave me a regal bow, causing me giggle.

It was only now that I noticed his outfit, the exact replica of the Beast's during his dance with Belle. He pulled out Rory's vacant chair and took a seat. It took all my strength not to swoon over his handsome looks.

"You look beautiful."

"Beautiful enough to earn a kiss?" I blushed at my own boldness. He chuckled, his fingers stretched out as brushed against my cheek, merely grazing over my lips that yearned to be touched.

𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸ℯ'𝓈 𝒞𝒽ℴ𝒾𝒸ℯOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara