Chapter |27| An Unlikely Incident

My arm was healing well

My arm was healing well. Wyatt visited almost everyday with this special cream that helped a lot. My shoulder looked the same and no longer hurt, which meant I could finally dress myself again.

Xander was not happy about my shoulder dislocation and even angrier when he realised I tried to hide it from him. I told him everything, leaving out the part when Hardin did my bra up for me, however I did let that part slip to a Flo.

She was ecstatic to say the least, and almost fainted knowing the Prince had been in the same room she was standing in. She was crazy.

I decided to get ready for the day and dress myself in a plaid red and white dress that fell to my knees and had a sweetheart neckline. I scrunched up my hair and threw it into a messy bun, before slipping on some black slip ones. I tied a red ribbon into my bun and left my face bare.

I headed down to the library, greeting some of the guards I passed, and then sat myself down at the back of the huge room. It was weird how familiar I was with this place now. I causally breezed the halls as if I'd lived here all my life and even though that could all end in a few months, I found myself wanting to savour every moment I spent here.

I grabbed the first book I saw and flipped it open. My eyes immediately begin to scan the page and I found myself quickly immersed into the story.

It was a tale of a girl trapped in a tall tower, her hair was so long it trailed along the floor as she walked around the same room she'd lived in all her life. She stared at the same mouldy walls and sat there everyday having no purpose or reason to do anything. That was until a Prince stumbled upon the tower and decides to explore inside. The girl became instantly intrigue by this handsome man and slung her long hair down the tower. The Prince used it as a rope to climb up and their relationship starts to blossomed from there.

A whole bunch of other stuff happened but what stood out to me the most was the way her tears healed the Prince's eyes. She helped him see again, helped him to live a new life.

Without her, he would have forever been lost in the forest. Most of the fairytales I read consisted of the Prince saving the Princess but this one was different. In this one, she was the hero is the story.

It made me wonder if I could ever do such a thing as she did.

Obviously not to cure a man's sight with my tears but maybe I could save somebody? Maybe I could make a difference? Maybe that could all happen if I became Queen?

"Doing some light reading I see. Rapunzel, that's a good story. Did you enjoy it?" Hardin asks, as he perched himself down beside me. He lifted up his legs and set them down on the coffee table in-front of me.

He was wearing a smart black and white suit with no tie and his hair was messy and disbelieved. I hadn't seen him since my injury, but is possible that he'd gotten hotter?