Chapter |14| Down On My Knees

We all watched carefully as Sienna graced the camera with a smile and then walked into the dark room

The cameras moved off Sienna and to Astrid, who was definitely caught off guard. I guess the interviews are starting with her.

Deciding to take this as an opportunity to relax, I crossed the room and grabbed a book of the small shelf in the corner. It was old and tattered, but would do. I sat back in my seat and read, whilst I waited for my dreaded turn in the room.

I was seated last, so I had a long time to wait. I have should been worried about the task I have to perform, but I'm wasn't. Instead, I was perfectly fine with it.

After all, this is what the academy trained us for. To pleasure men. Oral skills was one of the courses we had to take and we learnt the best ways to pleasure a man.

This should be easy, but knowing it's Hardin who'll have to pleasure, is going to make it hard. I won't be able to concentrate, or even think. I know the minute I enter that room, I'll melt.

That's what he does to me.

Sienna left the room, completely flushed and then quickly scurried away. Danielle was up next and then it was Ivy, who walked out with a victorious smile on her face, as she wiped the corner of her mouth with her thumb.

Obviously for the cameras, which didn't miss a thing.

Astrid went in next and then the cameras came to me, I placed down my book and tried to remember everything Xander taught me about acting graceful and smart.

This is my chance to make a difference. Better make it count.

"We've noticed that you're the only girl not wearing make-up today, would you care to comment why?" The bright light of the camera was blinding but I made sure to keep a steady smile on my face.

"To send a message of power." The reporter seemed intrigued and urged for me to carry on.

"It's for all the girls at the academy, in the sectors and in Dahlia. I know the pressure the society puts on these young impressionable girls to always look their best and perfect. They also heavily imply that perfect means covering you face up with make-up, but I say no. Girls you don't have to cover yourself up with make-up to be beautiful, you already are. Don't let someone tell you you're not perfect because your imperfections are what make you, you." The reporter slowly took away the microphone and gave me proud smile, before turning away to talk to the camera.

I felt so.. honoured and proud. Like I could really make a change.

"Rory." Flicker announced, and Rory gave me a small smile as she entered the room. I was practically alone now. Only me, Flicker and a few people packing everything up.

I sighed and flipped open my book again, when I felt someone fall down beside me.

"The Great Gatsby, huh. It's an amazing book, a classic. You know, you should proud of what you just said. Many of the younger girls will look at all you as role models and you just gave them someone that they can aspire to be. A young girl from the academy, becoming a queen is something remarkable. What's even more remarkable, is if they can make a change. You've already started to do that. Keep it up."