Chapter |19| The First Elimination

"Arabella, what the fuck do you think you're doing? I'm the fucking Prince of Dahlia

"Arabella, what the fuck do you think you're doing? I'm the fucking Prince of Dahlia. Don't touch me like this." As if his words burnt me, I shot away from him.

He'd never spoken to me like this. Not with such hatred and anger in his voice.

"What the fuck am I doing? What the fuck are you doing? Those questions were stupid and weird and out of line." He narrowed his eyes at me and took a step closer, forcing me to back up against the wall.

"I can't believe you just said. How the fuck can say that after what you've done?" He punched the wall, merely inches away from my face, and places his head on the wall. I pushed my fear aside and grabbed his face.

"Do what? What did I do?" My voice broke slightly and he gave me a somber look.

"Despite only knowing you for a short while, I've grown to like you and you broke my heart." That's it. I'm done.

My world was shattered and every single emotion hit me all at once. I was confused by his statement, happy that he liked me, upset by his words, angry that him he could think I could possibly do such a cruel thing.

"I care too much about you for you to get killed for having an affair, but don't think for one second you're going to be my wife. I can just about tolerate you staying for a little while longer, but you hurt me so much and I'm so angry that I..."

"Affair? What?" I said, abruptly cutting him off.

"You and Xander. I saw the pictures okay, you don't have to lie. He was hugging you and holding your face in his hands, whilst staring into your eyes. I can't believe you would do such a thing. I never thought you could be so cruel, but then again, I don't really know you do I?"

Affair with Xander? I wanted to laugh at the idea but I knew that would have been a stupid move from looking at his face.

"Where did you get these pictures from?"

"Doesn't matter." He harshly dismissed.

"It does because it isn't true." His eyes widened and I swear I saw little hope in them, but it quickly vanished.

"Don't lie about it now. The least you can do is own it."

"I promise, I'm not lying Hardin. I was upset and hurt. I'd just found out some things about my past. Things I still can't believe are real and I was desperately trying to make my way back to my room, when I bumped into Xander. He's my advisor, his job is to literally take care of me. He hugged me and helped to calm me down. Lots of people probably saw and maybe someone got the wrong idea or something, but I swear that's it. Nothing else is going on between us. He's like a father to me."