Chapter |5| A Hidden Stranger

^^Listen to: Trampoline ~ Zayn ft Shaed whilst reading this chapter.

I froze as I noticed a bright spotlight was shining down on me and everyone was staring

I froze as I noticed a bright spotlight was shining down on me and everyone was staring. I took a minute to gather myself and lifted my head up proudly, whilst still trying to block out all the eyes on me. So much for trying to blend in.

I began to walk down the huge staircase as fast I could, despite wearing a pair of very high heels. As soon as I reached the bottom step, it seemed as if everyone had finally forgotten about me and were back to doing whatever it was they were doing before, yet still I could feel some lingering gazes on me.

I was stood in front of the dance floor right now, that had several couples waltzing around. To be honest, it looked like they were dancing for show. I mean, who flips their partner around during a ball.

I quickly started to make my way to one of the tables positioned at the side of the staircase, when a hand grabbed mine. I jumped up in fear but calmed down once I realised it was just Flicker.

I didn't think her outfits could get anymore more flamboyant than earlier but she proved me wrong. Her dress was huge and made entirely out of tulle. The colour matched her hair and it had huge puffy sleeves that practically blocked out her face.

"You're late, hence all eyes on you. I'll have to have a word with Xander about that but you did make a pretty grand entrance. I'm guessing people already know that you're one of the girls but I wouldn't worry too much about it. By the way congratulations, I've never seen someone run so fast in heels." She joked, expecting a laugh to come out of mouth but I was still reeling from all the unexpected attention my arrival gained.

"Relax, okay. There's plenty of food and you can dance, the other girls are around here somewhere and so is the Prince. So, just be careful. By the way, I love your dress." She spoke so fast her words were almost incoherent, so I just nodded, and with that she pushed me towards the tables.

The room was dark, with only strings of fairy lights lighting up the place, and huge dark purple curtains were draped over the windows. Everyone was dressed in stunning ball gowns and smart suits. Some people wore masks that covered half their face, others their whole face.

In front of the huge dance floor was a long wooden table, with two regal thrones in-front of it. There was a strong man sat in one, simply observing the scene in front of him. He was wearing a grand crown on his head, clearly a royal, and goblet in his hand, probably holding rum or wine.

Behind him was burly looking man, a sword in one hand and a gun tucked into one of his pockets. He must be the one of Royal guards, clear from the crest he's wearing, and all the black and gold on his uniform.

The other throne was empty and it made me wonder if that man was the Prince or the King. He tipped his head up, giving me a better look at his face and I instantly ruled him out as the Prince.