Chapter |16| Humiliation

Hardin's going on another date again tonight

Hardin's going on another date again tonight. Just thinking about him with another girl caused my heart to clench but I knew that I'd made the right choice.

I needed to let the anger about me winning the sexual competition die down.

Ivy was probably the one keeping the flame alive. She's so petty and pathetic it's unreal. I believe she's made four different rumours about me already and used her maid to spread them around the whole castle.

I hated the way people look at me, as if I'm some whore. Flo tried to reassure me that they're just jealous but I still felt like I was all alone. Astrid doesn't speak to me anymore, Rory is completely ignoring and even hangs out with Ivy now.

My one friend here is gone. Taken by the devil in heels.

Apparently I won because I offered Hardin more than what I gave him, another rumour is that I got my skills by practicing on sex toys at the academy. There's even one circulating that I perform oral on guards in exchange for money and I'm saving up that money for when I get eliminated.

I hate Ivy, I hate Rory and I hate this stinking competition.

I wished that there was an easier way to choose a wife for the Prince. A way that didn't include parading six girls around in fancy dresses and then forcing them to compete against one another.

Flo took two strands of hair from the front of my face, and twisted them around to create something that resembled a rose, at the back of head. My hair was already perfectly coiled and set in place with hairspray, my dress was hanging on the back of my door waiting to be worn and my makeup was done.

We decided that the colour for tonight would be green. I have to admit I'm not very fond of the colour, but every single part of my outfit is stunning and beautiful.

For my makeup, Flo coated my face with a light layer of foundation and then applied the usual: powder, blush, concealer, highlighter. My eyeshadow was by far my favourite part.

It was a thick layer of emerald green and then it morphed into gold as it got closer to my inner eyelid. My big bold eyelashes made them stand out even more and on top of my eyeshadow was a little bronzer, just to finish the look.

"Here we are," Flo muttered to herself as she carefully placed a silver headband into my complex hairstyle, without messing up a single strand.

The headband was twisted, creating the effect of branches, and then there were silver flowers all over with small emeralds in the middle, standing out.

Flo helped me into my stunning floor length dress, and it may just have been the sexiest outfit I've worn yet.

It was strapless and had a deep v-neck, with a long cut in the skirt, going all the way up to my thigh. There was a small train at the back, that glided along the floor as I walked and the whole outfit was a beautiful mossy green colour.