Chapter Thirty Six- Persephone

As I place the finishing touch on the portrait of Cerberus there is a knock on the door. I wipe my hands on my covering and open the door. Hades stands there towering over me but unlike the first time we met, I am not at all intimidated. My blood heats though and I care not to discuss the other areas that are affected by his presence alone.

"Hi" I greet him with a full smile.

His mouth turns up at the corners "Hi." He slides his hands in his pockets and steps within the room. His eyes glance toward the easel where six bright eyes stare back. "You've been busy this morning I see."

"Well, I started it last night when he was in here so not as busy as you would think" I grin thinking of the large beast curled up at the foot of my bed. He watched me for a while but eventually he couldn't fight exhaustion and sleep took him.

"If I haven't told you before, you are extremely talented" Hades studies the portrait as he says it not looking at me. After a few silent seconds, he asks "Do you mind if I keep this?"

"I was painting it for you, so, yes you can have it. But it has to dry completely first so maybe tomorrow you can take it with you." I explain while also rambling a little. His comment took me off guard and I try to not let it show. It doesn't matter what area he compliments; my body goes into a frenzy. "How's your morning been?" I ask in an attempt to distract my mind.

"Ah, yes. I came by to see if you would be willing to help me with something. You have offered to help with my duties in the past, is that still the case?"

"Of course, what do you need?" I ask, intrigued by him coming around to the idea.

"Are you able to come with me now and I will show you?" he asks holding my gaze. "If you are busy we can do it another time."

"No, I just finished" I take the covering over my head and lay it across the back of the chair. "Do I look presentable or do I need to change?" I am unaware of where he is taking me, so I want to make sure I look okay.

"You look amazing" he answers as his eyes begin to swirl.

Oh, gods. His voice wraps around my skin and the heat ignites within me. Earlier had been a flicker in comparison. I should have more self-control, but I don't. I step closer and grab his face kissing him passionately. He stiffens but allows me to take control, his hands land on my hips and he pulls me closer for just a second before we pull apart. Both breathing heavily I am unable to look away from his penetrating gaze and storm-filled eyes. Slowly I take deep breathes and begin to calm myself "What were you wanting to show me?" I ask watching his expression change.

"I now want to show you something else but that will have to wait. Come with me and we will continue this conversation later," he says grabbing my hand.

I swallow and squeeze my thighs together at the thought of what he now wants toshow me.

** Hi guys I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Here are two new chapters, enjoy!

Dark Petals (A Hades and Persephone story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara