Chapter Forty Four - Hades

Touching her has become easy, freeing in a way. I couldn't and didn't want to stop myself from kissing her at that moment. To be able to witness such joy over that. Throwing a ball? I'm not sure what aspect actually got her in a fit of giggles and honestly, I don't care. Warmth bloomed in my chest at the sight of her doubled over laughing with such pleasure and I just moved.

Now, I can't take my eyes off of her brilliant green ones. Locked in a gaze embrace as the sounds of Cerberus coming back down the hall echo around us. I haven't moved since pulling away from her my hand still holds her chin as her eyes flicker around my face. They land on my lips and within a moment she moves places her lips on mine. Her hands move to wrap around my neck into the nape of my hair. As I grab her around the waist and pull her close. The kiss is feverish like an explosion of emotion that has been under control for too long. I'm not sure how long it continues but it begins to slow. Persephone eases herself back but doesn't disconnect fully leaving her hands on my chest. I don't take my hands from around her waist. I am not ready for her warmth to leave me.

Persephone drops her eyes and bites her now swollen bottom lip "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," she whispers.

Heat travels the length of my body at her words. She was having just as much trouble as I am controlling myself. The pleasure her words have on me is something I have never experienced. I don't know what it means but I do know it can't be a bad thing. I lean down kissing her forehead "You don't ever have to be sorry. You can do that whenever you like" I say rubbing circles on her lower back.

She buries her face in my chest but I hear her muffled "Good to know" in the process.