Chapter Twenty Five - Hades

The halls are quiet as we make out way to nowhere in particular. I had no plans past the idea of walking but the last thing I want is the solitude of my chambers. Since beginning our dinners the time to myself afterward felt longer and more empty. And tonight, I couldn't fathom the thought of the silence that has no end.

Despite the fact of us barely speaking, her presence alone fills the silence. Persephone is trying to carry the conversation but with my short replies, she appears to be fizzling out. I try to muster up something else to continue her talking. It isn't easy for me to form words. I don't have the ease that most beings do with the back and forth needed to converse. However, with her, it's starting to become easier. So easy that my small term of endearment just came out. An endearment that until now had not been spoken out loud. For all the words I have difficulty with this one phrase just escaped me. And instead of apologizing or attempting to explain I just let it be.

The stain of her cheeks was enough of a reaction for me to know she caught it, and if I'm being truthful I liked it. I like the effect I have on her no matter how small.

"Cerberus has been acting like a new pup since you came along," I say tucking my hands in my pants pocket.

I'm graced by one of her stunning smiles as she flips through thoughts of him. "He is such a ball of energy. For someone who looks so terrifying, he is the farthest from it."

Leaning over I whisper "Yes but don't let the word get out, he has a reputation to maintain."

Her smile only brightens, if that is even possible. "I do adore him. I've never met such an animal before. Well, the only ones I have, are the creatures that occupy the land around our cottage" she says as she looks up and down each corridor we reach. "They are pleasant, I've never met an aggressive one but I don't know how to explain it. I wasn't aware they could be so playful."

"He is something of his own. I had seen none before and none like him after" I say keeping pace beside her.

Persephone's lilac dress swishes as she walks, brushing against the stone floor. Her long auburn hair lays along her breasts. The contrast between her now dark hair and the light color of the dress is surprising to the eye.

"I don't know much about the inner workings of your realm but if you need assistance with anything please let me know. I will try the best I can. I can only imagine how tough it must be to run an entire realm" her sweet voice says causing me to stop.

No one has offered to help in that aspect. Even when our destiny was chosen for us. I had no guidance and had to figure everything out on my own. My siblings, some who were not provided with as many responsibilities as the rest of us, not one tried to help. But, this young lady... this little flower is attempting to offer her services to me, having no prior knowledge of this place.

"Thank you, I will keep that in mind" I respond.

Yetanother way she surprises me. Such an amazing creature. How I, out of allbeings in this and other planes, came across her is astonishing. How Demeterkept her hidden for so long is a mystery.