Chapter Twenty Eight - Hades

No one had hugged me in a millennium. I can't even bring to mind the last person that had touched me in such a way. I'm sure at one point someone had but not even a shred of memory comes forward revealing a time when it may have happened. That is no surprise, the memories that take place in my head are never pleasant.

The contact between her and I sent energy through every fiber of my body. Shocking me initially causing my muscles to stiffen and lock into place. The moment she sensed the change in me I felt the shift in her. She unwrapped her arms from around my neck and instantly I missed her warmth. The brief contact allowed just enough heat to seep into my skin warming my extremities.

Her warmth wasn't the only thing that seeped into my cold insides. Her excitement lite up the room when the pieces clicked and she processed what had been provided for her. She was grateful for things that I have despised for longer than she has lived. I soaked in the foreign emotions allowing myself to appreciate her excitement at not only the items provided but the prospect of the things she will make.

It wasn't long though that I retreated back into myself involuntarily. I am unable to control the moments surrounding when it happens. It is like a slip on a wet surface and once I start falling I am unable to regain my balance. The falls is getting slower as time goes on, not as fast as they once have been. I don't pretend to understand the inner workings of myself but I can feel a change. One of the main aspects being that I would do whatever I needed for her to smile and embrace me like that again.

The soft strands of her hair brushed my face when she locked her arms around me and her scent followed.

Flowers.

She smelled of flowers. My term of endearment registers immediately and I feel ridiculous for not realizing it sooner.

My Little Flower.