ǫᴎiƚʜǫiꙅ

╔═══⛧☾༺♰༻☽⛧═══╗

-by @alm0ndmilk

I was walking home from my friend's place; it was around 9 p.m., not too late, but the streets were unusually empty. Maybe it was because it was a chilly Tuesday night, and most people preferred the warmth of their homes to the biting cold. My house was just a few blocks away from my friend's, a route I had taken countless times, one I could walk with my eyes closed. But that night, something felt off.

As I turned onto my street, I noticed a figure standing under the streetlight at the far end. It wasn't uncommon to see neighbors out for a late walk, but there was something peculiar about this person. They were standing perfectly still, facing my direction, but I couldn't make out any features; it was as if they were enveloped in shadow despite the light.

Curiosity mixed with a hint of unease nudged me to quicken my pace. As I got closer, the figure seemed to become clearer, and I could tell it was a woman. She was dressed in what looked like a long white gown, her hair long and unkempt. But it was her eyes that caught me—they were intensely sad, filled with a depth of sorrow I couldn't begin to comprehend.

I slowed down, not sure what to do. "Are you okay?" I called out, my voice sounding smaller than I intended.

She didn't respond, didn't even move. It was like she hadn't heard me. I was about to call out again when she suddenly vanished. Just like that, gone. No trace of her under the streetlight, no sign she had ever been there.

I stood there for a moment, trying to process what had just happened. I had heard stories of ghostly sightings around town, tales I had always dismissed as nothing more than local lore. But now, faced with something I couldn't explain, I wasn't so sure.

I rushed home, not looking back, the image of her haunting gaze etched into my mind. I didn't mention it to anyone, fearing they'd think I was just seeing things. But I know what I saw, and I can't shake the feeling that she was trying to tell me something, something lost to the silence of the night.

═══════⛧☾༺♰༻☽⛧═══════

ᓚᘏᗢ- finally! a realistic sighting! the person doesn't even mention the Lady, simply what they saw. they probably thought i was a ghost. It was a comment that made me include this:

"Absolutely chilling read! The moment you mentioned the woman's sad eyes and the sudden disappearance, a shiver went down my spine. I couldn't help but wonder if the figure you encountered could be "the lady" that's been whispered about in countless rumors."

 ╚═══⛧☾༺♰༻☽⛧═══╝