13 Under the stars

Mature content in this chapter. You're welcome or warned, it's your choice.

Nova

I'm playing with the touchscreen in Matt's car. It's connected to his mobile and I'm switching song after song trying to annoy him since he refused to tell me where we are going. Pretty sure I'm making myself crazier with it than him.

I watch him out the corner of my eye and he smiles broadly at my behavior. I huff, making him laugh even more. He squeezes my upper leg slightly, telling me I need to be patient.

The road takes us up to a place I have never been to before. Autumn has made its appearance and it starts to twilight when we arrive at our destination. It's a beautiful building, with a long stone path in front of it. You can see the Hollywood sign and the skyline of Los Angeles.

It's not very busy when we walk up to the building, but I can feel eyes on us and hear whispers. I look at Matt and he doesn't seem affected by it at all. We reach the entrance and I read, Griffith-observatory. Expecting us to enter the building I start to climb the stone stairs.

A high-pitched shriek, followed by, o my god, o my god, makes me turn. I prepare myself to see something bad like a heart attack and look for the person in distress.

She is in distress, but not because of something bad. There are four girls around Matt and one of them clings onto his arm. The girl giggles when he smiles shyly. It's a funny scene, though. Maybe I should have reacted the same when I met him, smiling and shaking my head at the thought of it.

He let the girls take pictures with him, but they are not making an effort to leave. Just the opposite. Their giggles and flashing phones attract more and more people, all curious who the center of attention is.

I'm uncomfortable all of a sudden and a slight feeling of jealousy creeps into my veins. Is this what it's gonna be like all the time? Do I have to fight for his attention when we go out in public? I rather stay at home if that's the case.

From behind, a stern voice rumbles through the air ordering me to move out of the way. I think it's a guard. He looks rather impressive and his demanding voice leaves no room for arguing. The little crowd splits open when he reaches them, ushering Matt away and I ask myself if he forgot I came with him when he disappears in the building.

People go on with their lives like nothing just happened, shuffling away to take in the view. I stay put where our ways had split expecting Matt to return but he doesn't show up. I decide to call him after ten dragging minutes and it goes straight to his voicemail.

Great.

A hand touches my lower back and I look over my shoulder with a smile, expecting Matt. I gasp for air and freeze, looking straight into the guard's face.

Okay Nova, try to look normal, not like he just scared the shit out of you.

He orders me to follow him inside, leading me to an elevator. The digital numbers slide by and I'm surprised that we go all the way up to the roof. The elevator doors open and another, slightly less impressive guard greets me. They nod to each other and he lets me through.

I take a few steps onto the white stone, pausing when the skyline of L. A catches my eye. I'm baffled by the view, it's truly magnificent.

A smile creeps on my face when familiar hands slide over my belly, pulling me close to a muscular chest. He kisses the side of my neck and I shudder at the touch of his lips.

"Do you like it?" he whispers into my ear.

"It's amazing, almost unreal," I answer in awe.

He kisses my neck one last time and takes my hand to lead us to a table placed in the middle of the roof deck. It's surrounded by pillar candles,  white fluffy blankets are draped over the back of the chairs and the table is set in a perfect romantic style with a single green rose to lay on top of my plate.

Let me love you. ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara