I'm Dreaming

Matt

Whoever said snow is soft, lied.

"Jesus! Are you alright?"

I blink a few times to be sure I didn't hit my head or something. But she's still there and to be honest, I don't know any other girl that swears like her. She is leaning over me and looking worried with her beautiful green eyes.

"Matt, are you alright?" she asks again.

I scramble to my feet and push the scarf from her face. "It's you! I can't believe that you're here."

She chuckles. "Well, you once said I could always surprise you like this."

New York. That's what I told her in New York. And I wanna do the same thing to her as that day. Kiss her like there's no tomorrow. I take her in my arms and my lips find hers immediately.

Nova gently pushes me away, making our lips touch for less than a second and I can't understand why she doesn't want to kiss me coming to Lapland. At least longer than a second.

I hold her tight against me and she looks down staring at my collar, fiddling with a button on my coat. "I'm so sorry for breaking up with you and it's .."

"Shush babe, I don't care. You're here, that's..."

"Matt, please let me finish." she interrupts me. Her green eyes suddenly looking sad.

I push the scarf a bit further off her head and kiss the top of her hair. "Okay."

Again, she looks down at my collar. She must be very nervous. "What I wanted to say, is that I was lost without you. I hope you can forgive me and maybe take me back. Before you say anything, we do need to talk, Matt."

Of course, we need to talk. But seriously, let me enjoy this for now. I bury my face in the crook of her neck and breathe in her scent. "Nova, I understand. You don't come all this way to Lapland just to talk. You can do that over the phone."

I breathe in her scent once more and just ask her. "Is there something horrible you need to tell me?"

She lets out a small snigger. "No, no. Not horrible."

I must say I'm relieved with her answer. You never know with us. "Then I don't see a reason why I wouldn't want you back. I love you and I will until I die, Nova. I mean it. We can talk about it tomorrow. For now, let me hold you, kiss you."

She giggles when I kiss her repeatedly on the side of her neck. "Okay, okay. Please stop, you're tickling me."

I hear the deep clearing of a throat next to me. "Sorry sir, I don't want to be rude interrupting this moment, but we're all waiting."

Oh God, I forgot that's what we're here for. I apologize to the coachman and quickly help Nova and me into the sled.

All seated and wrapped up in a blanket we're on the move. "So where were we? "

She innocently looks at me, biting her bottom lip. "I think you wanted to kiss me."

"I think you're right."

We were supposed to be looking for the northern lights, but all I could see was Nova. I asked her to pinch me a couple of times, still not believing she flew all the way here. She made a game out of it and instead of pinching, she bites me. First, my earlobe. Then the spot just under my ear, my bottom lip, and she caught my tongue too.

Under the blanket, I took her hand and let her feel how my body reacted to her biting game. I needed a lot of self-control when that little vixen started to rub me. How to mean is that after you've been deprived of sex for eighteen weeks, one day and let's say four hours.