Feeling different

Mature content in this chapter. You're welcome or warned, it's your choice.

Nova

My ass feels like the wood I'm sitting on. Hard, stiff, and ready to squeak. We didn't move after we tested the rocking bench. Huddled in Matt's embrace, we talk about upcoming events.

First of all, the interview. I'm not sure it's a great idea to go through with it. We have enough on our plates and I think nobody is interested anymore. It's been several weeks and Matt told me the assaults on his social media aren't a daily thing anymore. He says it happens once or twice a week now. Okay, maybe he has die-hard fans, but I'm afraid if we do the interview, the whole thing will blow up again. Matt disagrees.

Dallas's name came up and if he will attend. To tell you the truth, I have no clue. I wish I could read his mind. See what he's thinking and why he's acting and saying strange things. Dallas is one of my best friends and I feel like I'm letting him down. Only I have no idea why and what I did. So making it up to him is impossible. If he only would talk to me, that would make such a difference. To know why he is so upset and why he needs time. I racked my brain over and over again until I had a headache and still came up with nothing.

Of course, the viper herself was the main subject of the talk. Matt's mother helped him to stay calm. He almost booked a plane ticket to London the night I packed my bags. He felt the need to see with his own eyes that she is pregnant. His mother convinced him to stay in LA, close to me. I'm not sure if I would have appreciated it. For him to leave me with my dark thoughts and jump on a plane to go see her.

In two weeks we will have all the answers. The pit in my stomach squeezes by the thought of it. We are done if she is carrying his child. He swears on everything that they didn't sleep together and that it can't be his. But if she is and it's his, how can I ever forgive him? And then there is the possibility that she isn't pregnant at all. Matt will cut all contact with her if that's the case.

I feel sad for him, they share a big history. Maybe not all sunshine and rainbows, but he still sees her as a friend. One he shared his childhood with and their dreams of becoming actors. Also the short-lived idea of spending life together and moving to LA with her. That last part I'm not complaining about, though. Nevertheless, the idea that all of this could be out of jealousy is hurting him.

Matt kisses my temple and whispers. "I love you." I stretch and man, I'm stiff! He chuckles at my face. "Getting old, babe?" 

I nudge him with my elbow in the ribs and he laughs harder. "I'm not old!" Pouting at him.

He crooks one eyebrow, mocking me. "Oh sorry, babe. Did I offend you?"

I cross my arms before my chest and keep pouting. He can say what he wants, he can't kill my mood. This small getaway is everything I needed and nothing can take me off this high.

Matt smirks and his eyes twinkle, taking my face in both hands. "Come here, you grumpy grandma!" His face turns painful when he leans forward to kiss me.

I burst into laughter. "What's the matter? Getting old?!"

He sticks out his tongue to my surprise and I love it. He became looser and somehow I hope it's because of me. I say playfully. "What a childish thing to do, Mister Hartley!" and shake my head.

He picks me up and the mischievous glimmer in his eyes doesn't go unnoticed before he throws me over his shoulder.

"Matt, what are you doing? " and struggle to see where he is taking me. I start screaming when I see the wooden planks of the jetty. "No Matt. Don't you dare!"

My grip is tight on his shirt. I'm not going down without a fight. "Matt, seriously..." My breath and words get lost when Matt starts to run. No, no, no! I let out a squeal before we both hit the cold water.