49 Rumors

Nova

I'm beyond frustrated. Dallas won't tell me anything and Matt isn't answering his phone, nor my messages. He could have waited until I came home. Well not home, his place. Not send me a message at nine o clock and keep me all day in panic mode.

My brain is overheating with all the possibilities why we need to talk. And also what Dallas his place is in the whole thing.

Focus on your work.

I'm tapping my pen on the desk like Britney Spears in hit me, baby, one more time.

"Will you stop that." He sounds annoyed, good. He is on my nerves as well, not telling me what is wrong.

"Angel." Taking the pen out of my grip." Breathe and relax, please."

Breathe I can do. That is something my body does automatically, but relax! All the muscles in my neck and back are strained.

It's as if he can read my mind. He pulls my chair to him and rubs his thumbs up and down over my neck, down to my shoulders and spine.

I sigh with relief, feeling the muscles relax. "God, those hands are magical," I say it more to myself than him. Unfortunately, he heard me and snickers "Yeah, I hear that a lot."

"Ugh, Dallas!" Rolling my chair back. "I don't want to know or hear where those fingers of yours have been lately."

He gives me his signature grin, forcing me to roll my eyes and smile. He's such an idiot. A real sweet idiot.

"I'm still mad at you for not telling me." Glancing sideways at him.

I see a glimmer in his eyes and I know I don't want to hear the next words coming out of his mouth. "Well Angel, I can do anything you want with this mouth except tell you about that."

"O.M.G, Dallas!" Covering my ears and bumping my head against the desk. "Don't say things like that."

He shrugs and continues on the file with the biggest grin in the world spread over his face.

*

My motorcycle roars under me and my heart is pounding painfully against my ribcage. Why wouldn't he just tell me over the phone? I think I will receive some speeding tickets in the next weeks. He is gonna pay them, that is for sure. The garage door is open and closes the moment I'm parked inside.

Okay, that's a bit creepy.

I walk to the door that is attached to the living room hall. I'm about to open it when I hear Matt's deep voice.

"Stop calling me!"

"No, I don't want to answer your questions."

"Because...because it's all bullshit."

Bullshit? Why is he saying that and to who?

Silence.

I about to open the door when he starts talking again.

"Fine, I will let you, but you have to make an actual appointment with my agent."

Huh?

"No, I will not give you a statement. Goodbye."

I try to process what I heard to make it sound logical. The door opens before I can, showing a very angry Matt. We stare at each other for a minute until he walks back into the living room and sits down on the couch with his head in his hands.

I'm not sure what I got myself into this time. I don't remember doing anything stupid or wrong. I get two glasses of water and sit next to him. He won't accept it and I place it with a thud on the table. What the! It would be nice if someone would finally tell what is going on.