79 After you

Dallas

Throwback.

My heart shattered when I put the pieces together... my angel was pregnant with his child.

It's fucking unbelievable. She finally dumped him, nothing was stopping us from becoming a couple with him in Lapland. And now...

I can't give up so easily. I love her and real love overcomes the biggest obstacles. She didn't break up with Matt for no reason and she won't go back to him because of this, right? No, she ain't like that. I will take care of her and her child like it's my own if she lets me. We are meant to be.

I take my mug with coffee and sit on the couch. Nova will be here any minute now and I'm going to convince her that I'm the love she is searching for.

I think back to the day we met. How stupid did I feel not believing Hannah on her word? I had been waiting my whole life for this sensation to run through my veins. To know with one look you found the one.

Honestly, I thought that was all bullshit. A fairytale that only the luckiest of luckiest would experience. And with my lack of it, it would never happen. But there she was in all her glory. She took my breath away and blinded me with her light, the light of an angel.

She changed my life and turned it into something good. I would wake up and feel happy. I didn't need sleep to dream, because my dream was right next to me.

Many times I watched her and I swear it's like she moved in slow motion. Like my mind couldn't comprehend what it was seeing. She always caught me staring at her. I know she did the moment her cheeks turned into a deep apple red and her luscious lips shyly turned into a smile. Just big enough to show me the dimple in her left cheek. I love how her big green eyes would look at me and she asked under her breath, what?

That changed after a month and I know it was my fault. I waited too damn long and it made her insecure. If she only knew that in my mind I asked myself the same question over and over.

Angel, tell me. How can I tell you, that I love you more than my own life?

Many times my tongue was unable to talk. Especially when she touched me, then I couldn't even make a coherent sentence. I wished she would take my hand and lead me the way to her heart. But she didn't. I thought she kept on playing hard to get or that she's simply was not interested. How wrong was I?

I could never figure out what she was thinking, even less what she was feeling. You couldn't tell if she was happy or not. She could have been crying all night long and walk in with the biggest smile you had ever seen.

I'm thankful she eventually opened up to me and showed me the pain she is living in. She is strong, so strong. And I hope I took some pain away by being there for her. That she could deal better with her bad nights when she spends her evenings with me.

My feelings for her are as strong as the first day. I kept waiting patiently and still am. I admit it is hard and sometimes put me over. I know I did some fucked up mind games to make her doubt the relationship she had with Matt. But I want to be loved by her. I can't help it.

The ring of the doorbell startles me. I wonder how many times she already rang it. I open the door and pull her straight into a hug as soon as I see her trembling lower lip. Her body shakes against my chest and she sobs "Please, Dallas." pushing herself away from me.

She looks how I feel, devastated. I cup her face and plant a soft kiss against her forehead, whispering, "I know angel."

Her eyebrows furrow in front of my eyes and she stares at me."What do you mean?"