33 A Week With Matt

Nova

I wake up from kisses on my bare shoulder, a warm feeling spreading through me when I memorize what happened.

My cheeks flush instantly and I bury my face under the sheets, mortified that I let myself go to the point where I screamed his name.

Matt pulls the sheets from my grip and I roll onto my stomach to escape the smirk that's probably etched on his face and get covered with kisses on my spine.

Mmm, that feels so good. I could get used to waking up like this every morning.

He wraps his arm under my waist and turns me on my back. I give him a shy smile and still avoid looking him in the eye.

"Good morning beautiful."

His breath smells fresh, suspiciously... fresh.

I roll into his chest and speak against his smooth skin, trying not to poison him with my morning breath. "What time is it?"

"Time to get this." grabbing my ass. "Into the shower and off to work."

I groan and wrap my arm and leg around his warm body.

"I know, love." brushing his fingers through my hair. "I rather have you here with me all day, but it is what it is."

The soft circles he draws on my shoulder blade slowly send me back to sleep, to be startled by a slap on my butt.

"Come, babe, take a shower. I'm making you breakfast and drive you to work."

A wide yawn almost put my jaw in a cramp when matt drives out of his garage. I take my shoes off, pull up my knees, and shift sideways, huddling in the seat.

I wish I brought a blanket.

Even though work is closer than my home, it's still a forty-minute drive.

I look at Matt, who doesn't seem tired at all. Wouldn't it be great to have his stamina? I can't stop staring at him, having the feeling I let him down last night. That I'm not enough for him. That he is way, way out of my league.

"Are you sleeping with your eyes open or...?" he asks, giving me a side glance.

My cheeks flush and I quickly look at my jeans.

"Sorry... it's just." scrunching up my nose. "yeah"

He chuckles. "Well, I'm glad that's clear."

I crack a smile, feeling like those giddy fangirls that evening at the Griffith observatory.

He gives me another side glance before he slips a hand around my ankle, pulling my leg over the mid console on his lap, doing the same thing with my other leg. "You can take a nap if you want." stroking my ankle with his fingers.

I shake my head. "I rather stay awake" and look at his devilish good looking jawline.

"Matt?"

"Mmm"

" I... a... I was wondering, did you take it easy on me last night? Did you do what you had... on your mind... I'm" great keep on stumbling Nova. Just spit it out. "It wasn't what you hoped for... right? I'm not what you want, what you need me to be."

He stares straight ahead and I wish I did what he advised, take a nap, when he answers, "You're right, it wasn't what I hoped for."

I feel uncomfortable under his touch and try to take my legs off his lap, but he has a tight grip on my ankle.

"You did better than I hoped. "

"What?" I gasp in unbelieve.

"Yes, I took it easy on you, and no, therefore I didn't do what I had in mind. But you are very open-minded and didn't back out when I." making a mark with his fingers. "Forgot to tell you I was going downstairs.