0.5 - dancing in the rain.

"stas, hes on his way! how do i look?" i asked her.

"you look great, ayls." she told me, fixing my hair. colby asked me out for dinner. he didn't exactly call it a date but i was taking it as one.
colby only lived approximately 5 minutes away, 15 by walking. so i had little time. i was wearing a red tank crop top with a black skirt with chains on it. the closest i could do to match colbys vibe.

"he's here! thank you so much, stassie." i said, hearing the knock on the door.

"i have to meet him!" she said.

"fine, but don't be overbearing." i laughed, going to open the door.

"hey barney." i smiled to the boy in front of me.

"hey princess." he smirked.

"this is my best friend, nastassia. you probably saw her after i hit your car." i laughed.

"hey, stas." he smiled, reaching a hand out to shake hers.

"hi colby." she smiled back. "alright, have fun. be safe. drive safe." she said, making us laugh.

"bye, stas. i love you." i smiled.

"i love you too." she smiled.

"it was nice meeting you, nastassia." colby said, waving to her.

"you too." she smiled, shutting my house door behind me. my parents travel for a living so it's almost rare for them to be home. i didn't mind much. they seemed to only be home when it was inconvenient anyways.

"you look so good." colby told me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"thanks." i smiled, freaking out slightly inside. "so where are we going?" i asked him.

"i was thinking we could go to nobu." he told me.

"that sounds so bomb right now." i told him. he had opened the car door for me like a gentleman.

-

"it's starting to rain." i laughed.

"have you ever danced in the rain, miss. nolan?" colby asked me.

"i have not. have you?" i asked.

"never. i've never cared enough about someone to do cliche shit with them." he laughed. my heart clenched at his comment.

"well now is our chance." i smiled. i took lead of the dance, knowing colby wouldn't know how. his car was on, playing little things by one direction. a song i forced him to listen to, of course.

"you're so cute." he said to me. he was struggling to keep up with my foot movements so i slowed it down slightly.

"thank you." i smiled to him, moving my hair out of my face since it was sticking to my now wet skin. colby started leaning in so i copied his actions, our lips meeting in the middle. sure, i had kissed boys before but with colby it was just... better.

"do you wanna go to an abandoned building?" colby asked me out of the blue, making me laugh. we danced in the parking lot to the killers for probably 15 minutes, just enjoying each other's company.

"that sounds fun." i smiled, pulling away from him. we both got to his car and i started shivering slightly.

"here, take my hoodie." he said, grabbing it off of the back seat.

"no, you can wear it. i don't want you to be cold." i said.

"i'm not cold, princess. just take the damn hoodie." he laughed. every time he calls me princess, it seems a little less like a joke.

"fine." i huffed with a laugh, grabbing the jacket from him. he turned towards the car so i could take my shirt off to put the hoodie on without him seeing. i knew he could secretly see me changing in the car window though.

we got into the car and his ring clad hand instantly met with my thigh, making me internally squirm. he knows my weakness. we drove for around twenty minutes, both of us just humming along to the killers.

"we're here." he said, parking his car.

"this looks sketchy." i laughed.

"it is, let's go." he said, grabbing my hand. he walked us around to this one part before speaking up again. "i come here to smoke once in a while when i feel like not being home." he laughed.

"do you smoke a lot?" i asked him, putting my head against his chest. i had only witnessed him smoking once. i know it's bad for him but watching him do it was so hot.

"only when i'm stressed. i've been doing it a lot less ever since this pretty girl backed into my car." he said, leaning down to kiss me. we went from nothing to something basically overnight. i just didn't exactly know what that something was.

"well, i'm happy i can help." i laughed, leaning into him.

"have you ever smoked?" he asked me.

"nope. there's a lot of things i've never done. only because i never had the opportunity." i told him as he got out a cigarette and a lighter. i watched as he lit it, taking a hit of it. he held the cancer stick to my lips and i sucked in a breath, automatically coughing as it filled my lungs. colby let out a light laugh.

"thats everyone's first reaction to it." he laughed, pulling me into a kiss, tasting the cigarette on his lips. it wasn't all that bad. it did feel calming in a way. "let's explore." he said, putting the cigarette out. i followed him through the dark abandoned building, being sure to stay close to him.

"i think this place would be a lot cooler during the day." i told him.

"oh, it is." he laughed. "oh shit, there's cans of spray paint! if there are any that aren't empty, we can write our names on the wall." he suggested.

"wow, you're turning me into a criminal." i joked as he checked to see if any bottles had paint.

"gotta turn my girl into a badass, don't i?" he asked, making me internally scream. "it must be your lucky day because the pink can is still half full." he told me.

"fitting." i laughed. colby found a blank space on the wall, spelling out my name is pretty graffiti letters.

"now you do my name." he said, handing me the can of paint.

"i feel like such a badass." i said after i had sprayed the CO.

"look at you, being all illegal and everything." he laughed.

"beverly hills police force. put your hands where i can see them." we heard from the opening in the room. no flashlights were seen though.

"ayla, drop the fucking can." colby instructed... so i did. then i put my hands up, scared for life. then we saw the flashlight shine into the room.

"you're being taken into custody for vandalism and trespassing on private property." the man said. the man aggressively grabbed my arm, forcing it behind me.

"don't fucking touch her like that." colby growled, a tear falling out of my eye.

"anything you say can, and will be, used against you in court." the other officer said. the officer pulled the handcuff a tiny bit too tight against my wrist, making me groan slightly in pain. i saw colby tense up but then his face softened when his eyes met mine.

i saw him mouth an "i'm sorry" to me and i returned it with a small smile.