5.9 - telling the fans & gender reveal

"i got another threat from amber." i told colby, walking into our room and throwing my phone on our bed.

"another one?" he asked, looking at it.

"yes. the fourth one. i'm tired of it." i sighed as he read it.

"princess, i hate to break it to you, but the only way to stop this is for us to tell the fans ourselves. that'll end this. she can't threaten us with something they already know."

"you're right. i just don't want the judgement." i admitted.

"if we do it now, then you can post all of those cute little bump photos we've been taking and you can do the old wives tales gender predictions you had wanted to do anyways." he told me. "i can always disable the comments if you're worried about hate."

"i feel like disabling them just allows people to know that it gets to me. i'd rather leave them on. we should make a video for each of our channels though. we could always filter the comments as well and block certain words."

"let's get to filming then." he smiled.

-

colby and i filmed our videos for both of our channels and then did the old wives tales predication test things for a separate video on my channel. signs were still pointing to girl.

so that brings us to today. we're having our gender reveal. we decided to do the ever so basic chalk cannons.

i was wearing a baby pink dress that my bump was pretty visible in. colby decided to wear blue just so we weren't exactly matching. all of our friends and family were wearing whatever gender they thought the baby would be. pink was overriding the party.

a few of colbys family members drove out to come to the gender reveal but most of them were waiting until our baby shower, or the birth in general. nic flew in from new york and so did all of my new york friends.

"hi everyone! i'd like to make a toast to the mother and father-to-be." nastassia announced, raising her champagne flute. "ayla has been by my side since we were little. i remember, just a few months ago, when ayla found out she was pregnant. obviously, she was scared, but i could tell how excited she was. ayla has always been the mom of our group... the cool mom, that is. she loves to take care of everyone. i know she's going to be the best mom ever. as for colby, i've only known him for two years, but i know he's perfect for ayla and that he will do anything for her and their baby. i'm going to keep this short since everyone is dying to find out the gender, but here's to colby and ayla!"

everyone rose their drinks to colby and i, making me smile. we were lucky to have such a good support group. this was the first event at our house so it was nice to have everyone over.

"are you guys ready?" stas asked us.

"yeah!" i smiled, going to stand next to here, facing the whole crowd. colby stood next to me as stas handed us the chalk shooters. the photographer we had hired went right in front of us.

"3...2...1!" everyone yelled, colby and i both pulling the strings. pink chalk flew up all around us. i screamed in excitement as he picked me up off of the ground, kissing me.

we were having a little girl.

i was excited, to say the least. the little bows, dresses and band tee shirts. a cute muted pink nursery. she and lyla would be best friends. i could just imagine how perfect it'd be.

"i'm so happy." i said, tears falling down my face. this seemed to be happening a lot recently. all of our friends were coming up to us to hug us and congratulate us. i wanted nothing more than to go decorate her room.

-

after the party, all of my friends from new york were staying between my house and my old house with the girls. we technically are still renting that house so we let most of them stay there.

we had uploaded our pregnancy announcement early in the morning but i hadn't had a chance to read any comments yet. i was planning on uploading the old wives tales video the following day and then the gender reveal in a week or so.

i only had a few videos on my channel, maybe 5 of them, but i decided i wanted to start doing weekly vlogs while i'm pregnant and right after our baby girl is born.

most of the comments were positive. of course, there were the ones saying i'm a slut, or i'm a whore, or that i'm ruining colbys life. but i surprisingly enough didn't take them to heart.

"hey, babe." colby said, walking into our room and laying on the bed. "what're you doing?"

"reading our comments. they're nice for the most part." i smiled.

"that's good." he said, kissing my forehead.

"i would love to see ambers face when she sees that we announced it before she could." i said.

"you're so petty." he laughed. "but, for good reason."