6.1- baby shower and mom car.

"your shower was so nice, ayla." my mom said, sitting next to me on my couch.

"thanks to you guys." i smiled. "thank you all for doing this for me. i loved it." i said.

the girls had thrown my baby shower for me since i'm 34 weeks now. she's due in 3 weeks and i'm almost about to pop. being pregnant is slightly terrible.

we were going through all of my gifts and writing thank you notes to everyone who had come to the baby shower.

"there's one gift you didn't open yet." colby said, handing me a wrapped present that was sitting on top of another box.

"who's it from?" my mom asked me.

"i don't know." i replied, opening it. "what the hell?" i asked, looking at the range rover key in my hand then to colby who was giving me a smile. "no... no no no." i said, tears rolling down my face.

"go outside." colby smiled, helping me up off of the floor.

"you did not." i threatened him when we got to the door. he just laughed and opened the door, allowing me to see the prettiest white range rover in the driveway, with a pretty pink bow. "co." i choked out through my tears.

"i thought you needed a mom car." he said with a big smile on my face. i saw sam holding colbys camera, filming my reaction. "you can't drive our little girl around in a two door thunderbird."

"i don't deserve this." i cried. "thank you so much." i said, throwing my arms around his neck.

"you do deserve this." he laughed, kissing me.

"you're the best. god, i love you."

"i love you, so so much." he said, kissing me again.

"thank you. i love it so much." i said, still crying.

"this is the one you wanted, right?" he verified.

"yes." i smiled, sitting in the front seat, admiring the interior.

god, what did i do to deserve this life?

-

"i think the chair would look better on the other side of the room." i said, to colby. he was being boyfriend of the year and rearranging the nursery one last time for my indecisive ass. today is technically my due date, october 27th, but it doesn't seem like baby girl is wanting to come yet.

i was planning on having a fully natural birth, and did not want to be induced so we were just waiting for her to decide.

"sit down babe," he chuckled. "i can do whatever you want me to but i want you to sit down." he insisted.

"fine." i laughed, sitting down. "have you tried turning the tv on? does it work?" i asked him.

"no, the remotes on the dresser." he said. i nodded, testing out the tv.

"can we get in and out for dinner? i'm craving an animal style burger." i said.

"i'll order it." colby said. he had been refusing to leave me alone in case i went into labor, so we had been using uber eats and postmates religiously.

i had done every generic pregnancy thing imaginable. we had a maternity shoot, a gender reveal, a baby shower, the old wives tales, etc. we were excited to have our little girl finally with us. only a few more days, hopefully.

"i'm getting so anxious to meet her... what if she hates me?" i asked.

"no one could hate you." he laughed. "she's our daughter. you're paranoid for nothing."

"amber and nathan hate me." i said back in my defense.... in a way.

"nobody with a heart can hate you." he corrected, making me laugh.

"what if i'm a terrible mom?" i asked.

"you know you're going to be such a good mom, babe. stop stressing about it." he said, kissing my forehead.

"i just want everything to be perfect for her." i sighed. "you installed the car seats into both of our cars, right?" i verified.

"you've asked me that twice today." he laughed.

"i never believed in mom brain or pregnancy brain, or whatever they call it, until i got it." i replied. "which car are we taking to the hospital?" i asked.

"i mean, first impressions are key so i'd say we should take your range rover." he joked.

"ha-ha. very funny. i'd rather take the rover anyways." i told him.

"did you ask devyn to watch lyla while we're in the hospital?" he asked me.

"yeah. she said yes." i told him. lyla and navi are best friends so we thought it'd be best if dev takes ly while we're in the hospital. "ah!" i gasped.

"what? are you okay?" he asked, rushing over to me.

"we didn't hang the A above her bed." i said.

"oh my god, ayla. you scared me to death for that?" he asked, making me laugh. we decided on a name the day of the baby shower but we decided not to share it with anyone at all. we didn't want anyone's judgement on the name. we were in love with her name. we did allow everyone to know her name starts with an A though.

i was planning on filming her nursery tour the next night, since i had finally decided on where i wanted everything. lyla has taken a personal liking to the carpet under the crib.

any day now....