4.8 - trapped.

i had come back to LA yesterday and everything was completely normally. colby and i went back to being ourselves, as though i never even left. nothing was awkward. everything was completely normal.

my first week of classes were good. i'm already slightly stressed about it. i made a few friends in my intro to fashion design class. stas and i made friends with the group of four who live in the apartment over from ours as well as a group that lives on the floor below us.

calum, esmae, rhett and camille live in the apartment right next door to ours. i don't know how all four of them fit in there together. calum and camille are dating and rhett and esmae are 'a thing.' they're really genuine people... and it's conviennent that we live right next door to them.

on the floor below us, we made friends with one of the apartments. there's three people living in that one. nova, stella and hayes. all three of the girls go to our school so we immediately got along since we're all into fashion/ modeling.

outside of the apartment, i've met quite a few kids who have a few of the same classes as me. obviously i don't know any of them very well but it definitely makes me like new york a little more.

"you guys should all come to new york for halloween. it'd be so fun." i encouraged all of my friends. nastassia stayed back in new york this weekend since we'd only been there a few days. we were trying to get everyone to come stay with us over halloween. we'd barely all fit into the apartment but we would love to have everyone.

"you know i'll be there." colby said, taking a drag from his cigarette. we were having a pizza night in the backyard since it was still nice out.

"i'll go." tara said. soon, we had pretty much everyone on board. halloween wasn't for another like month and a half though.

-

"we should do a one direction song!" i told tara. tara made all of us come to karaoke night... and now i wanted to sing a one direction song at the top of my lungs.

"i'm so down." she replied, jumping up and down.

"little black dress?" i asked her.

"you read my mind."

we told the guy working it, both of us walking up onto the stage after the previous girl got off.

"LITTLE BLACK DRESS JUST WALKED INTO THE ROOM... MAKING HEADS TURN CANT STOP LOOKING AT YOU!" we sang at the top of our lungs, all of our friends joining in the audience. we may have pregamed a little before coming.

"that was so fun!" i said as colby helped me off of the stage.

"i think you've had a little too much to drink." colby laughed.

"that was amazing." kat said, laughing. it was nice to be back with all of my friends. i missed them for the short time i was gone. i didn't know how i was supposed to last a whole year going to and from them. it was already like torture and it just started. this was not at all what i imagined to feel like during my freshman year of college.

i thought it'd be freeing to go to new york, get away from home and everything... meanwhile, i've never felt more trapped in my life.