4.0 - high.

"ayla, can you get that?" lesa asked me after hearing a knock on the door. it'd been half an hour since i tried calling colby.

"yeah." i smiled, setting down the bowl i was holding. i was trying not to freak out over my missing boyfriend... and i was surely not trying to make lesa freak out about it.

"thank god." i mumbled when i opened the door and colby was standing there. he gave me an awkward wave, walking into the house. annnnnd that's when i noticed his red, bloodshot eyes.

"you've got to be kidding me." i rolled my eyes, grabbing his face and looking into his eyes.

"bro, chill out." he said, trying to pry my hand off of his face.

"you're fucking high right now?" i whisper yelled, pissed with him. kansas seemed to make us fight a lot.

"chill, ayla. you're not my mom." he scoffed.

"i'm not... but your mom is here, and this would make her cry." i whispered, not wanting anyone to here us. "come with me." i said, basically dragging him up the stairs.

"what the fuck?" he asked when we got into his room.

"stay right here. don't move." i instructed, ignoring his comment and running down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"who was that?" lesa asked me.

"it was colby... hes going to get a shower real quick. he asked me to grab him a water bottle." i said, grabbing a cold water out of the fridge, discreetly throwing a lemon into my pocket. i grabbed the black pepper as well, praying that lesa wouldn't need it while i was gone. "i'll be back." i told her, making my way straight up the stairs.

"drink this." i instructed, handing him the water bottle. he dramatically sighed, taking the drink from me. i sat on the edge of the bed, watching him drink it. once he had finished the bottle, i pulled the lemon out of my pocket, using my acrylic nail to make a ring around it so i could pull it apart since i failed to grab a knife before coming up stairs. "bite." i instructed.

he bit into it, making a disgusted face at the sour taste. it was adorable but i couldn't let him know that... not after what he did. i knew, in the back of my mind, that i couldn't stay mad very long. i was just hoping that it would make him think before doing it next time.

"howre you feeling?" i asked him.

"anxious... but i'm coming down." he said, making me let out a sigh of relief.

"you'll be okay." i reassured, using my hand to push some of his hair out of his face. i was upset with him but the anxiety and nervousness that comes with smoking weed can be scary. and i didn't want him to feel like he was in an unsafe environment because that can make it ten times worse.

once he finished the lemon, i pulled out our last resource, which was the black pepper. i dumped some onto a little piece of paper i had found on the desk. "sniff this and then go get a shower to help you sober up. you better be done when your family gets here." i lightly threatened, walking out of the room.

-

"there he is!" lesa said when colby finally walked into the kitchen. i had set eye drops on the counter for him. he looked fine now, i wouldn't of known he was high.

"hey." he smiled, hugging some of his family as they approached him. i had already greeted them when they initially got there.

"how you doing?" i whispered to him as his family made conversation around us.

"fine. how'd you know how to fix that?" he asked me.

"nastassia had a phase. i'm not mad at you, just so you know. i just wish you wouldn't have done that." i told him, not wanting to argue any more than we already had.

"i'm sorry." he admitted, grabbing my hand. "i shouldn't of done it... i actually went over just to visit and they were all smoking and they said it'd be like old times and-" he rambled.

"colby, it's okay. just be smarter next time. and for pulling that shit, you're coming black friday shopping with me." i smirked.

-

colby and i were sitting on the couch in the living room, my feet propped up on his lap as he rubbed my leg and played on his phone.

"i'm cold, baby." i said to colby, secretly recording him to send to the group chat.

"do you want me to get you a blanket? i could make you some hot coco with mawshmewwos in it." he said, making me laugh as he looked directly into the camera. "cut the cameras, deadass," he said, mad that i caught, what i like to call, 'simp colby' on camera to share with all of our friends.