6.2 - halloween

"what're you naming her?" nastassia asked me softly, looking at the little baby in my arms. i looked up to colby, and he gave me a smile and a nod.

"her name is ashton." i smiled, still crying. "ashton violet brock."

i just gave birth to our 6 pound 8 ounce baby girl. she decided to stick it out a few more days and come on halloween, at 3:33am. she must be like her daddy.

we had decided on the name ashton for our little girl. colby and i knew we wanted her name to start with an a, like mine. ashton doesn't have any specific meaning to us, honestly. the name means peaceful, which is fine with us.

colby and i didn't agree on many names, surprisingly. we liked a lot of the same ones but they weren't ones that we would actually use. so when i brought up ashton, we fell in love with it. we liked the gender neutral names the most, and ashton just seems like such a powerful, badass name for a girl.

the middle name, violet, actually has a cute story. i joked that her middle name should be barney, which we somehow managed to go from barney to violet instead. both are purple, and that was enough symbolism for us.

as for the last name, we obviously went with brock. colby and i aren't married but i knew that we wouldn't be breaking up anytime soon, and i wanted her to have her daddy's last name.

"guys, can we have a few minutes alone with her?" i asked my mom and nastassia. colby, my mom and nastassia were the ones i decided to have in the room with me while i had her, but i wanted a minute alone with my little family. they nodded and walked out of the room.

"she's so beautiful." colby said, a tear falling down his face. i had rarely ever seen colby cry, so it made me cry even more.

"she's perfect." i smiled at her. there were still nurses in the room but they weren't paying all that much attention. "thanks for knocking me up." i joked.

"anytime." he winked.

"do you want to hold her?" i asked, knowing he was getting impatient but trying not to let it show since he knew i needed a few minutes with her.

"yes!" he quietly exclaimed, reaching for her.

"this is so cute." i said, taking a couple pictures of them on my phone. they would probably make their way to instagram, or at least my instagram story, at some point. but for now, ashton is our little secret. no one outside of friends and family know i had her yet. i vlogged a few moments of them, since it was colbys first time holding ash.

"look at her little nose. she's so precious." he smiled. colby and i agreed, before i even got pregnant, that newborn babies are hideous, but for some reason, she wasnt as atrocious as the rest of them.

"i hope she looks like you." i smiled.

"i'd rather her look like you." he said softly. "either way, she'll have pretty blue eyes."

"hopefully. i don't remember how punnet squares work." i laughed.

"my mom texted, she just landed. i'm sending an uber for her." he told me as the nurse took ashton from him.

"aw, i'm excited to see her." i smiled.

"me too... howre you feeling? you did so good, princess." he told me, running his hand through my hair.

"i feel alright... kinda like a bowling ball just came out of my body, but i'm just happy she's here." i smiled.

"i'm so proud of you. and to do it naturally, you're literally insane to me. i don't know how you went through that." he said, kissing my forehead as they handed me ashton again so she could eat.

"thanks, barney. i'd do it a million times again for her." i said, smiling at her. "can you text nastassia... tell her that she and my mom can come hold ashton."

"got it."

-

by 10am, almost 7 hours after her birth, most of our friends had come to meet her. she was the most perfect thing i'd ever seen. my dad came a few hours after she was born. lesa had flown in but the rest of colbys family was driving in later.

my mom and lesa met for the first time, and it's safe to say that went well. ashton is both of their first grandchildren, and they're obsessed with her.

as for me, i was sore, numb and tired, but i literally couldn't go to sleep cause i wanted to spend time with ashton.

i had never seen colby as happy and as content as he was when he was holding our little girl. it made me so happy.

as of right now, sam is editing the footage from today so colby and i can spend time with ashton. tara and nastassia are both still at the hospital with us, and so are my mom and colbys mom.

today was the best day of our lives.