5.3- test.

well, i couldn't last until the next day. the nervousness was eating away at me. so by 3am, i still hadn't gone to bed so i woke stassie up and we decided to go to the gas station to get a test. all of our friends were in the living room and our rooms sleeping so we had to walk over them and try not to wake them up.

"i'm so nervous." i admitted to her as we walked, hand-in-hand, to the gas station down the street. it's new york city so there were still a lot of people in the streets for 3am.

"you'll be okay, baby." she comforted me. "you're probably not even pregnant. everything will be fine."

"but what if i am?" i asked her, a few tears falling down my face.

"well, it's up to you, and colby, what happens after that." she told me, stopping in the street. "look at me." she insisted, wiping my tears. "you're going to be okay, ayla. i'm here for you. nicolette is here for you. you have tara, jake, kat, sam, devyn, corey, reggie, cassie, griffin, xepher, brennen, mike, athen, cal, camille, esmae, chase, rhett, jj, hayes, nova, stella, your parents. and most importantly, you have colby. i know colby and he would never even think of leaving you."

"okay." i said, nodding through my tears. she was right, i had a huge support system. did she really need to name them all in the streets of new york at 3am? no, but it made me feel better.

"no one is going to leave you because of this, ayla. we're all here for you no matter what. and if, god forbid, colby is a dumbass and does or says something stupid, i'll end his ass." she said, making me laugh. "have you two ever talked about kids?" she asked me.

"yeah. he isn't completely sold on the idea but he isn't against it. most of the time when the conversation is brought up, he always just says that we're too young to worry about it yet anyways, and that's why i'm nervous." i admitted.

she nodded as we walked into the gas station, immediately heading back towards the medicine section where we found a plethora of different types of tests. i was new to this so i just grabbed four different boxes, heading to the checkout.

"is this all for today?" the lady asked, giving me a dirty look.

"yes." i said, rolling my eyes.

"that'll be $31.87." she said. i threw $40 onto the counter, in a bad mood from her dirty looks. i guess i should get used to that in case this test is positive.

nastassia and i walked back our apartment, rain now pouring down in the streets. fantastic.
it made me think of when colby and i first met, and we danced in the rain. i'll never forget that moment.

i had never had a pregnancy scare before, because frankly, colby and i were always really careful, and before colby, i hadn't even made out with a boy before.

"do you want me to go with you to take it?" she asked me, shutting our apartment door.

"i don't think i could do it alone." i admitted, walking into our bathroom, stas following right behind me.

in complete silence, nastassia sat on the side of the bathtub as i peed on the sticks. she set a timer on her phone and we stared at each other until it beeped.

"can you look?" i asked her, completely scared to death. she nodded, going to grab the first one, flipping it over, the look on her face changed and she bit her lip.

"it's positive..." she said, my heart sinking into my stomach once again.

"are- are you sure?" i asked her, not knowing how to react.

"all of them are positive, ayls." she said, pulling me into a hug. i was happy, in a sense, but also scared to death. this had been my dream my whole life, but when i dreamed of it, i was married and living with my husband, we had an adorable little dog and we lived together, not nearly 3,000 miles away.

"what should i do?" i asked her.

"well how do you feel about this?" she asked me.

"i mean- i've always wanted to be a mom. i just- i'm only 19. i live 42 hours away from my boyfriend. i'm also excited though, if that makes sense?  i think i'm more worried about how he'll react rather than what i'm feeling." i admitted.

"listen ayla, i will be here by your side through everything. if you decide to keep it, i'll be here. if you decided you don't want to keep it, i'll be right by your side. we're in this forever."

"thanks, stas." i said, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"just think of how good of a mom you'll be, though." she smiled. "you love taking care of everyone."

"you're making me feel a lot better, keep talking." i said as i laughed through my tears.

"oh my gosh, imagine all of the cute baby clothes. i hope it's a girl." she smiled.

"me too. i know when colby and i talked about it, he said he wants a girl as well." i told her with a smile.

"ooo are there any names you like?" she asked me.

"i like gender neutral names a lot... like hayden, mason, grayson, carter... things like that." i told her.

"those are pretty." she replied. "how are you going to tell colby?" she asked me.

"probably in a cute way. i'm not just going to tell him... i think it'll be better if i do a little gift or something to tell him because i think he'll react better if he thinks i'm excited." i told her.

"we could arrange something... we could do a custom order tomorrow to get stuff to tell everyone the news." she told me. "i'm assuming that you're planning on keeping it then?" she asked.

"i don't have the heart for adoption, i'd grow too attached. i don't think i'd be able to get an abortion either." i told her.

"you'll eventually have to tell colbys fans too." she said, running a hand through my hair. "and of course your fans." she told me.

"god, i can barely tell my boyfriend let alone the entire world." i laughed. "we'll get there eventually."