2.1 - normal.

ayla ;

everything was finally back to normal. colby and i went for real groceries yesterday and then i hung out with stassie for a bit. we had a pizza night at the trap house last night, in which i invited athen and stas too.

i actually introduced athen and mikey to each other and they've been talking a lot. everything was exactly how i wanted it to be.

now that i'm 18, i'm looking for a place to live... probably much closer to colby than i currently am. because that five minute drive is excruciating.

"oh, good morning." colby smiled, walking into his room.

"morning." i grumbled with a smile, rolling over. i was wearing colbys white shirt and a pair of red underwear... i guess i should have realize why he gave me one of his only white shirts to wear to bed. it was practically see through.

"the house next door is for rent." he told me, grabbing my ankles and pulling me down the bed so that i was sat on the edge.

"seriously? that's so perfect. i wonder if it's nice inside." i said to him, looking at my ratchet nails that had not been done since before our breakup.

"probably. most of the houses in this area are pretty nice." he said. he did live in Encino... which is where the drake and josh house is. i pass it everyday on my way to colbys.

"my parents want me close to home for now too. i'm sure five minutes is manageable." i said, picking at a string on my shorts. "i'll do my research on the place."

tara, kat, athen and i all wanted to get a place together. what would be more perfect than the house right next door to my boyfriends? i wanted stassie to move in with us too but she lives with her boyfriend so i doubt that would happen.

"i'm going to go outside to smoke, you wanna come?" he asked me. i nodded, standing up from the bed, tripping over colbys giant ass foot. "woah, are you okay babe?" he asked me, laughing.

"yeah." i laughed. in reality, my foot kind of hurt but not enough to whine about it. "have you been smoking a lot recently?" i asked him, basically skipping behind him while he held my hand. i had worried about his smoking during our breakup.

"well." he paused, trying to think of what to say. "let's just say i was very stressed during our month apart." he said, sitting down on one of the chairs outside, pulling me down onto his lap. his arms wrapped around me, lighting his cigarette. he set the lighter down on the arm rest, putting that hand on my thigh, rubbing up and down in a comforting manner.

"that's not good for you, you know?" i asked him, using my pointer and middle finger to take the cigarette from his fingers. i sucked in a breath, holding it for a second before letting it out.

"then you shouldn't be doing that, huh?" he said, taking it back from me.

"at least promise me you'll try to stop." i basically begged him.

"i'll try." he said, not very convincingly. i gave him. look. "i will! i promise you, ayla." he laughed, kissing my cheek.

"do you want me to make you breakfast?" i asked him.

"yeah. i'll be in in a few." he said, removing his hand from my leg so i could get up. he whistled at me as i walked back into the house, making me flip him off.

jake was sitting at the table in the kitchen, playing a game on his phone. he shot me a smile, saying good morning.

"i didn't know you stayed here last night." jake said, shutting his phone off to look at me.

"oh.... yeah" i laughed.

"i'm happy that you two are back together. on a serious note, he needs you. you have no idea how bad he got right before you two met." jake said, taking a bite of his cereal.

"what do you mean he got bad before we met?" i asked, looking at jake in confusion.

"like he was smoking so much... and he was day drinking and that led to night drinking. it was almost everyday. it was bad. so bad." jake informed me. "i'm just happy you hit him. he started acting more like he was when we first met again."

"really? i knew he was like an asshole, or as i like to put it- a bad ass, but i never knew he was that bad." i said, mixing the pancake batter that i had been preparing while jake and i talked.

"he was. he needed you ayla. he would go to parties everyday, bring home a new girl every night-" jake said, watching me cringe. "sorry." he laughed. "but he didn't care about anything. the day you two met was the first day i didn't see him go to a party in probably 4 months." jake said, making me nearly gasp.

"i never knew he was that bad." i said, realizing there was a good bit i didn't know about my boyfriend. probably cause we've only known each other for three months.

"he's better now though. the boys and i are all so happy that you came into his life. he really loves you." jake said.

"i love him" i smiled.

"love who?" colby asked, coming in through.

"you." giggled.

"that's my cue to leave." jake laughed, going up the stairs.

"i'm-" i started but got cut off by my phone. it was stas.

"hey, stas, i-" she cut me off.

"he broke up with me." she wailed into her phone.

"what?!" i asked.

"nathan- he broke up with me." i heard her cry. she and nathan haven't been talking much recently, despite the fact that she lives with him.

"why?" i asked, hating the fact that she's crying.

"he, he pack all of my shit and kicked me out. ayla i dont know what to do." she said, completely disregarding my question.

"seriously? what the hell is his problem?" i asked her, colby listening intently but only being able to hear what i was saying.

"after two years, he just flushed our whole fucking relationship down the toilet because 'he likes someone else.' how pathetic is that?" she cried.

"where are you, stas?" i asked her.

"in his driveway." she sobbed.

"i'll be there in twenty minutes. i love you, stay safe." i said, hanging up before she could respond. "can you drive me to nastassias?" i asked him. "her boyfriend, of two years, just broke up with her." i said, his face falling.

"yeah, of course." he said, grabbing his keys.