1.1 - kansas.

"good morning." i smiled to my boyfriend, sitting in the front seat of his car.

"morning ayla." he smiled, leaning over the console to kiss me. "are you ready for a 20 hour drive with your favorite person?" he asked with a laugh.

"so ready." i laughed. it's 4am right now so we're leaving. we are hoping to get there by 1am the following day. i watched as colby turned the music up, everything will be alright by the killers filled the car. "hey, it's our song." i smiled.

"our song." he smiled.

"i'm coming to find you if it takes me all night." we both sang. this was going to be a fun trip.

-

after many gas and food stops, we finally made it to kansas. it's 2am and neither of us have slept at all... we wanted to keep each other company during the drive. the car ride was filled with music, both of us introducing each other to new artists. we got food three times on the way and coffee four times... and colby doesn't even like coffee much.

"so this is it. i'm about to meet your family." i laughed.

"don't be nervous." he said, grabbing my hand.

"i'll be okay. will you be okay?" i asked him.

"i'll be fine." he laughed, kissing my temple quickly before walking up to the door. he walked right in, his mom almost immediately getting off of the couch to come see us.

"ah! my baby! i've missed you." lesa smiled.

"hi mom." he laughed.

"you look so different! it's been so long." she smiled. "oh and you must be his girlfriend! i didn't get your name, i'm sorry." she said, smiling at me.

"i am." i laughed. "i'm ayla." i smiled to her, going in for a hug. "it's so nice to meet you, lesa."

"you too! you have such a beautiful name!" she said.

"aw thank you." i smiled, a dog coming up to greet me. "oh my gosh koki." i smiled to the dog. colby had shown me pictures of koki and foxy plenty of times. the dogs seemed to miss him just as much he missed them.

"i don't mean to cut this short but i was only staying up to see you guys." she laughed. "i'm going to head to bed but we'll have breakfast in the morning!" she smiled.

"okay. good night mom." colby laughed.

"good night lesa." i smiled.

"good night, my loves!" she said.

"oh wait... where's dad?" colby asked her.

"he's asleep. he worked a long shift." she smiled, heading up the stairs.

"i guess we should go to my old room then." colby said, visibly cringing at the thought of his old room, making me laugh.

"okay." i smiled, following him up the stairs.
i looked at his twin bed, wondering how this was going to work.

"i guess my mom assumed we'd sleep in the same bed... but if you're not comfortable with it-" he started but i cut him off.

"that's fine, colby." i laughed. "i may be a virgin but i'm not scared to sleep next to my boyfriend." i said with a smile.

"i was just making sure." he laughed, holding his hands up in defense.

"well thank you." i smiled. "can i get a shower?" i asked colby.

"yeah, of course. my bathroom is right across the hall." he said. i nodded, getting out my bath stuff that i needed.

"i'll be back." i smiled.

"have fun." he laughed, tapping my butt on the way out.

after my shower, i realized it'd probably would have been a good idea to take my clothes into the bathroom with me. i walked into colbys room in only a towel and he whistled at me before respectfully turning towards the wall, away from view.

i let the towel balance on my shoulders as i slid a pair of underwear up, my lululemon shorts quickly following after. and then i put on a pink sports bra.

"i'm clothed." i laughed.

"thats clothed?" he laughed, tossing me a hoodie. i smiled and thanked him, laying down right next to him. my small body cuddled into his, letting sleep overcome me.

-

"they're so cute!" i heard a voice say.

"shhh, don't wake them." i heard another one. then i saw a camera flash which made me open my eyes to see lesa, who i believed to be gage and some pretty girl.

"look at that, you woke the poor girl up." lesa said.

"good morning?" i said with a laugh.

"morning, ayla." lesa smiled. "this is my son, gage and his fiancé, gwen." she told me.

"hi, i'm ayla." i smiled to them.

"sorry we woke you." gwen said with a sympathetic smile.

"so you're the girl who finally made my brother settle down. you must be special." gage said.

"well i made a great first impression... hitting him with my car, ya know?" i laughed.

"oh my gosh really?" gwen laughed.

"yep. not one of my finest moves but it got his attention, right?" i laughed, all of them laughing with me while colby clung onto me in his sleep.

"well, we will leave you two alone. breakfast will be ready in about an hour." lesa smiled, practically pushing gwen and gage out of the room.