1.8 - 18.

i woke up to tara, stas, athen, kat and devyn all singing happy birthday to me, holding a cake in their hands. i smiled, for what felt like the first time in years.

"i love you guys so much." i laughed, allowing them all to pull me into a hug. i wasn't going to ruin today for everyone. the original plan was a trip to mexico since i'm now of legal age to drink there... but i called that trip off. so instead i had brunch plans with the girls who did their hardest to make me happy. i was so appreciative for them.

it has almost been a full three weeks since colby and i broke up. and i'm still doing terrible but it's getting better everyday.

i got out of bed... deciding i would put makeup on for the first time in nearly a month. the girls all waited for me to get ready. i could tell that they were all happy that i was actually getting out of bed.

-

"hey, baby. you have a visitor. dad and i are just about to head out." my mom told me. i assumed that one of the girls had come back over.

my parents took me out for a late lunch and then the girls, and jake, sam and corey, all came over and we had cake. that was nearly two hours ago though.

"okay, tell them i'll be down in a minute... i have to pee." i told her with a gentle smile.

"will do." she smiled. i ran to the bathroom, hearing the garage door open shortly after, which meant that my parents were gone.

i walked down the stairs and into the living room, seeing colby on the couch. i almost ran back upstairs but his eyes made contact with mine.

"h-hey." he stuttered.

"hi." i squeaked, my voice betraying me.

"i- uh... i got you some- um presents for... your birthday... you know?" he asked, and i nodded. "happy 18th birthday... by the way."

"thank you." i said quietly.

"i- um got most these before we... you know? and i wanted to give them to you anyways." he said, pointing to the pile of gifts. by the shape, i could tell that most of them were records.

"that's nice. thank you." i said with the smallest smile i could manage. i felt as though i'd break down again right in that moment.

"yeah... so uh- here's this one." he said, handing me a record shaped present. i smiled, unwrapping the album, noticing that the cover had a picture of colby and i on it. i looked up to him, completely confused.

it was a photo of us from colbys backyard. tara had taken it, without our knowledge at the time. we were laying on a blanket in the grass. the cover said 'lover; volume one.'

"i had this made before

"i had this made before... we broke up." he said, making me nod, turning it over to the other side. there was another picture of colby and i.

 there was another picture of colby and i