5.7 - puppies and moving.

"i can't believe they accepted our bid! we're home owners now!" i exclaimed to colby.

"i know, princess. i'm so happy to finally live together." he admitted.

"this is gonna be great. this is my dream."

"your dream?" he asked.

"yeah, i've always wanted to have a family and live in a pretty house near my friends and maybe get a little puppy or something, but it's finally coming true." i smiled.

"except the puppy part, huh?" he asked as i sat down next to him. "we should get a puppy to protect my girls if i'm ever gone." he said, putting his hand on my basically nonexistent bump. it was now the slightest bit noticeable.

"really?" i asked him. "i can look at some nearby shelters."

"all of your dreams are gonna come true, baby. i promise you that. i will stop at nothing to make you happy." he said, kissing my forehead. "now lay down so i can pack our stuff."

"colby, i'm 15 weeks pregnant, not paralyzed." i laughed.

"i know, but i don't want you to be moving and lifting things." he said.

my bump was now visible if i was wearing leggings or something that clung to me. i think that's why colby was hovering so much... it was visible and real to him now, so he didn't want me doing anything.

-

today is move in day for colby and i. so, all of our friends are helping us to move in. i was instructed not to lift anything and that i was only allowed to decorate, so, now i was in the living room, deciding which plants should go on which shelf.

i'm even more in love with the house than i was the first time we toured it. i actually have an ultra sound tomorrow to find out the gender... except only nastassia will know the gender since she's hosting my gender reveal party. this is colbys first sonogram with me so we'll get to listen to our little baby's heartbeat. we're so excited.

"hey, everyone is heading out now if you want to say bye." colby told me, walking back out the door.

i went outside, thanking them all for the help. we had bought them all dinner earlier today so we got to have some time to hang out. the girls mainly helped me to decorate while the guys carried all of our stuff in.

"finally." colby huffed out, dropping onto the couch. i went into the kitchen to grab him a white claw. "nope, i'm not drinking if you can't drink." he told me.

"oh my gosh, stop loving me so much." i said, laughing. "i really love and appreciate everything you're doing but please just drink the damn white claw." i requested.

"fine." he sighed, taking it from me.

"so i might have found the most perfect dog ever for us. she's just a puppy. she's up for adoption, not for sale. her mom is a doberman and her dad is a husky mixed with a golden retriever. she's adorable. she has the prettiest blue eyes." i told him. "look." i said, handing him my phone.

" i said, handing him my phone

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"she's so pretty. she kinda looks like scooby doo." he laughed.

"isn't she perfect? i talked to the owner of the shelter. they only take in dogs that are pregnant or just had puppies. she said she'd hold this one for me if i wanted to do a collab with them." i told him.

"do you want to do a collab with them?" he asked me.

"i really like what they stand for. i really love this pup too. the video would mainly be centered around us getting a puppy, not the company. the owner of the shelter seems really sweet." i told him.

"i'd say we should meet her first though, and make sure she's the right dog for us." he said.

"we can go after our appointment tomorrow. i'm sure the owner would be fine with that."

-

"hi pretty girl." i cooed to the little puppy who was laying at my feet. we had gone to the shelter and i think we both fell in love with her.

"we need to come up with name for her," colby said, petting her.

"we also need to get her a bed, a collar and leash, a crate, food, toys, all of that stuff before we bring her home." i responded.

"you guys can leave her here and get her in a few days, if you'd like." the owner of the shelter told us... so that's what we decided to do.

-

"are you ready to go home pretty girl?" i asked our puppy who was perched on my lap. we had left our little pup at the shelter for a few more days so we could prepare for her arrival. we ended up getting the one we initially went to look at. over the days leading up to it, we decided on naming her lyla.

i had been vlogging the day since i did decide to do a little brand deal with the shelter. lyla is absolutely the sweetest dog ever. she's going to be very loved.

everything was coming together. colby and i live together now. we're pregnant, and we just got a puppy. life couldn't get better.