4.7 - new york.

"soooo this is it." colby said to me, pulling me into a huge hug.

"i'll be back in four days, no need to be so dramatic." i laughed. in all seriousness, this week was going to be hard to say the least.

i had started school in new york last week. colby, as well as my parents, flew out with nastassia and i to help us move into our apartment. i had made the decision to go back and forth basically every week. i only had classes on tuesday, wednesday and thursday so i could be in LA the rest of the time. this would be expensive and time consuming but it was worth it. i know colby and i wouldn't be able to do long distance. we'd miss each other way too much.

our one year anniversary passed in june, and then my birthday on august 8th, and now here we are. it's september 1st and this is my first time leaving LA for real. the thought of transferring to a school closer had crossed my mind more times than i can count, but i couldn't just dip on stassie. i was highly considering switching the following year though, so i could be here, where my whole life is, rather than thousands of miles away.

"you'll be fine, i'll be fine. we'll be fine." he told me, kissing me. the girls and i renewed our lease for another year since stas and i would both be back and forth. "good luck, baby. i'll see you in four days." he said, placing another kiss on my lips.

"we've got this. i'll see you soon." i smiled.

"be safe, text me as soon as you land, yeah? i love you." he said.

"i will. i love you." i smiled, kissing him one last time before heading towards nastassia, who was waiting for me. i turned around, one last time, waving to him.

"god, you're acting like you'll never see him again. it's only four days." she laughed. she was right. i think the dramatic factor was influenced by the fact that this would be a weekly occurrence for colby and i. saying goodbye to him is the hardest thing ever, let alone when i know i'll have to do it every week.

"i'm just gonna miss him." i said, laughing along with her.

"i'll miss brennen. i just hope he doesn't realize he's happier without me or something." she sighed.

"girl, that will never happen." i laughed. "let's go to new york." i smiled, grabbing her hand as we walked onto the plane.

this had been our dream for years... and now that it was happening, i was excited. i was also upset, because i didn't expect to fall in love before school. i'd always thought that college was going to be my time, where i found a boyfriend in the city and we would have the time of our lives.

my life couldn't be more different than i had expected... and oddly, i was completely okay with that.

"so this is it... we're really doing this." i said, sitting down on my seat.

"we are." she smiled. "us against the world."

-

"our apartment is basically the size of my bedroom." i laughed, throwing myself onto the couch.

"good thing we won't be here much." she laughed, sitting down on the other chair.

"i need to facetime colby. and then i vote we order dinner and then go on a walk in central park before it's dark." i told her, getting my laptop from my bag.

"cool. i guess i'll facetime bren real quick." she replied.

i nodded, walking into my bedroom, propping my laptop up. i pushed on colbys name and he answered almost immediately.

"hey! how was your flight?" he asked me.

"it was good." i smiled. "it's kinda surreal that i'm here. i already can't wait to come back home though. i miss you." i pouted.

"i miss you too, princess. we've got this though. you'll be back soon. in the mean time, sam and i decided to start making videos on youtube."

"really? videos about what?" i asked him, interested.

"kinda just like our lives... we went to that abandoned building that i took you to and we filmed it. it got a fair amount of views." he told me. "i'll send you the link."

"cool." i smiled, happy that he found something good to do to pass his time while i was gone.

in all honesty, the whole crew and i were worried that colby would go in a downward spiral when i left, getting back into the drugs and alcohol. but the signs are looking up so far. i'm sure the smoking would pick back up slightly but i knew he wouldn't go too crazy.

"this time difference is gonna throw me off." he told me, making me remember i'm three hours ahead of him. it's almost 6 for me, 3 for him.

"it'll take some time to get used to." i responded, somehow not being able to come up with anything else to talk about.

"well... i'll uh- let you go. i'm sure you're tired and hungry." he said.

"i am." i smiled. "i love you."

"love you, bye." he responded, ending. our facetime call was almost awkward. i had never not had something to talk about with him. normally we could talk about a piece of pizza for three hours but we couldn't even keep a full conversation for five minutes. i was hoping it was just because of the new found distance between us and that nothing would actually happen between us.

i sighed, shutting my laptop and going back into the kitchen/ living room.

"what should we get for dinner?" stas asked me.

"pietro nolita?" i asked her, hoping she'd agree. i would kill for some kick ass italian food right now.

"you read my mind." she told me.