2.2 - lies.

"it'll be okay, baby." i said to my best friend who was crying in my arms. when we had gone over to nathan's to pick her up, she was crying her eyes out in the driveway. i finally managed to get her in colbys car, in which we drove back to her house. her mom wasn't home for some reason. so colby and i were sitting on the couch while nastassia cried in my arms.

"i have no where to live." she muttered, moving her hair out of her face. i saw her tear stained cheeks and red eyes, making me frown.

"we can get an apartment together! or we can rent a house with the girls. we'll get through this." i smiled to her. "together." i said, grabbing her hand.

"together." she nodded.

"so what's the plan for the night. do you want to cry, go to the club, watch sad movies, listen to sad songs, watch happy movies, dye your hair? the options are endless." i smiled.

"can we just rewatched tiger king?" she asked me. i looked at her, nodding with a laugh. we had rewatched tiger king maybe twenty times. we love it. and, carole baskin did feed her husbands to the tigers and joe exotic is the most iconic redneck with a walmart meat truck. i live by that.

"colby, if you want to go home, i'm going to stay here with her tonight." i whispered to my boyfriend. stas was not paying any attention to us anyways. he laced his fingers through mine.

"i'll stay with you, as long as that's okay..." he said. "i'm just not ready to leave you again." he mumbled, kissing my temple. i'm sure seeing colby and i so in love was not helping stassies issue but i don't think she minded too much. she knew i was happy.

"that's fine." i smiled, focusing back on the documentary.

-

"get out of bed! we have a house to go look at!" i said, opening nastassias blinds. it's been a week since her boyfriend broke up with her and she honestly hasn't been in that bad of shape. i think she was more upset that she wasted two years on him than anything else.

"ayla." she groaned. "it's 9am." she said, looking at her alarm clock.

"and our appointment is at ten. get up." i laughed, sitting on the edge of her bed. i had already gotten ready to leave. we were meeting tara, kat and athen there. the house is a six bedroom, eight bathroom so we were hoping to find one more person to move in with us but we didn't just want a stranger. it had to be mutual between all of us.

we were looking at the house next to the trap house, which was seemingly the most perfect thing ever. as long as we all liked the house, and could afford it, then we'll probably bid.

the past week, i've been mainly staying at nastassias house with her and her mom. colby has come over pretty much everyday to check in on us. he even brought us groceries the one day, which i venmoed him for because i felt bad.

"is colby meeting us there?" she asked me as she pulled her shirt over her head, messing her hair up even more.

"yeah." i told her, checking my instagram feed. colby was coming to look at the place so that he could help us oblivious girls check to make sure everything is working so we don't get charged for 'ruining' it or something.

"okay, i'm ready. can we get coffee first?" she asked me, sliding her shoes on. i nodded, also putting mine on.

-

"i love it here." i saw tara smile as she did a twirl in the living room. it is such a nice house. and has more than enough room. there's a huge backyard and a pool.

"i do too. it's like perfect for us." i said, opening the pantry door to take a look. it was such a nice house and it was all within budget for us.

"i think we should place a bid on it." kat said from the dining room. it was all open concept.

"what do you think of the place?" i asked colby, turning towards him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"i think it's perfect. especially the location." he said with a smile, kissing my temple.

after we viewed the house, the realtor took us to several other houses in the area but none of them were as nice as the first. we decided to put a bid on the first house and i felt very much like an adult.

colby had to go to work after our house tours so i was back at home, by myself. stas was going on a little weekend trip with her mom after the whole situation with nathan happened. i kindly declined their offer to go because i wanted to be with colby.

you could say i was slightly clingy to colby ever since we got back together. we both knew it and we were both okay with it. we just wanted to be together. really, the only time we spent apart was when he had to work.

after hours of laying on my bed, bored to death, while listening to records, i decided to take colby some dinner. i decided to go to sugar fish... his favorite food, like ever, is sushi.

-

"hey aj." i smiled to the boy who was sitting behind the counter. colby had introduced us one time when i stopped by to pick up a record he had set aside for me.

"hey, ayla." he said, looking up at me. "what's up?" he asked.

"i was just wondering if colby was still here..." i trailed off, picking up a queen album and examining the cover art.

"colby didn't work today." aj said, making my heart sink.

"are you sure?" i asked him, nervously, as i set the record down. "i thought he said he had work today." i was positive he said he had work today, i just didn't want to seem like an idiot. the record store was empty asides from aj and i. i had never seen this place empty. normally it's flooded with teenage girls and old men.

"i'm sure, here's our schedule." he said, handing me a white piece of paper. i read over colbys times, noticing that he also lied about having work on tuesday. what the fuck?

"hmm, weird." i said. "slow day, huh?" i asked.

"the slowest day we've had since i started working here." he told me.

"anyways, i was hoping that you guys had gotten a new shipment of those tame impala records. colby said there were some on their way." i said. i wasn't actually going to come in and buy a record today, but i didn't want it to seem like i drove all the way here to see my boyfriend when he lied about his schedule.

"they aren't on the floor yet, but i can get one from the back... just for you." he smiled. i watched him walk to the back of the store, so i flipped through a few records while i waited.

"here," he said, handing me the record, breaking me out of my trance.

"thanks, but that'll be all today. you can just ring me up." i said, a small smile on my face.

"on the house, ayla." he said to me with a smile. i had learned, via colby, that they get a certain amount of free records every month. but i mean- how could i trust what he said?

"no, aj, that's really okay. i haven't paid for a record in four months." i laughed. why would this random boy use one of his free records on me?

"i insist. i'll see you around." he said to me.

"thanks." i smiled, walking out of the record store.