5.4- spill.

"will the father be joining us today?" the nurse asked.

"uh- no. not today." i said hesitantly, making stas send me a small smile, grabbing my hand in a comforting manner.

we were at my first ultrasound, verifying that i was in fact pregnant and making sure the baby has a heartbeat. they'd be able to give me a more accurate due date as well.

i'm assuming i'm around 7 weeks by now, considering the times colby and i would have been together when we weren't doing full long distance. stassie and i's freshman year of college was ending in a few weeks as well so we'd be back to living in los angeles.

colby and i had talked, before i found out i was pregnant, about getting a place together in a few weeks, so hopefully that happens.

cal is the only one who knows i'm pregnant, asides from nastassia. it's been the hardest secret ever to keep. stas had bought me a bunch of baby stuff... from clothes to toys to essentials. it's honestly really sweet of her and is making me even more excited to have the baby.

i was planning on telling colby within the next couple of days... i just wanted to make sure that i was mentally ready. nastassia and i have known for three weeks now. the night we found out, our friend calum also found out.

he had knocked on our bathroom door while we were talking and i decided just to tell him rather than lie to him. so that's exactly what i did. i had ordered a bunch of custom things to give to our friends and families to tell them that we're expecting.

-

the ultrasound went really well. she verified that it's only one baby. she told me that the due date is october 27th. a little halloween baby. that's both colby and i's favorite holiday so it's cute.

we decided not to listen to the baby's heartbeat with the nurse because i wanted to hear it with colby for the first time.

nastassia and i were finally done at the ultrasound so now we were going to get copies printed of the sonogram so we could use them to tell everyone that i'm pregnant. colby first, of course.

"ahh i'm so nervous, stas." i groaned, kicking my feet up on the dash of passenger side of the car.

"it'll be okay, ayla." she laughed at my nervousness. "i have a feeling he'll be happy."

"i really hope so." i sighed, looking over the little present i got in order to tell him. it was a little box that had a sonogram picture of our little baby in it. there was a positive pregnancy test in it as well, and a mug that says "daddy est october 2020"

"while you tell him, i'll get the mugs for your parents rush ordered here since we finally have the ultrasound pictures." she told me.

"thanks, stas. you're actually the best. i genuinely wouldn't be able to do this without you." i smiled to her.

"we're in this forever." she smiled, making a right turn onto our street. oh god, heres where the nerves really kick in. "are you gonna be okay?" she asked me.

"yeah, i'll be alright." i told her with a small smile as she pulled into our driveway. "i'll text you after i tell him. i'm gonna film his reaction. i'll probably upload a video of us telling all of our friends and family that we're pregnant after we tell the fans, so i guess he'll be a good start."

"okay, good luck baby. i love you." she said, hugging me as i got out of the car.

"thank you. for everything." i smiled, heading through the gate of colbys house. i opened the front door since they always seemed to leave it unlocked.

"hey." jake said, coming around the corner, scaring the shit out of me.

"god, jake." i said, putting my hand on my heart, making him laugh.

"what's in the present?" he asked me suspiciously.

"it's for a youtube video." i said, slightly lying but knowing the video would eventually make its way to youtube. "is colby even home?" i asked him. i hadn't checked to see if his car was in the driveway.

"yeah, he's upstairs somewhere." jake told me, walking towards the kitchen.

"thanks." i nodded, walking up the stairs. "colby?" i asked when i got to the entrance of his room... didn't want a repeat of what happened last time i walked in without knocking.

"i'm in the shower!" i heard him say back.

"okay." i laughed after opening his bedroom door and going in. this was good and bad. it gave me a chance to set up the camera and mentally prepare myself for what was about to happen, but it was also allowing my nerves to eat away at me.

i quickly found a discreet spot for the camera. i knew he'd think it was a joke or a prank if i was holding a camera while he opened it. i sat on the couch, freaking out a little

"hey baby!" he smiled, walking into his room. he was wearing a gray hoodie and a pair of shorts, his hair still wet. i stood up and he pulled me into a huge hug.

"hi." i smiled before he kissed me. "i brought you a little present." i told him. he shot me a confused look and then nodded.

"okay?" he laughed. "my birthday was four months ago." he said, smiling.

"i know." i laughed. "here, just open this." i told him, handing him the little box, nervous as fuck. he shot me one more look before taking the lid off. his face dropped for a split second and then he broke out into the biggest smile id ever seen.

"we're having a baby?!" he asked me. i smiled and nodded. "really?" he asked me, a smile etched on his face.

"yes." i laughed.

"oh my god, baby, this is great!" he said, pulling me into the biggest hug. "i love you so fucking much."

"i love you too." i laughed, kissing him.

"we're having a baby!" he said like a little kid in a candy shop. "how long have you known? how far along are you?" he asked me.

"i'm 7-8 weeks. shes due october 27th." i told him, ignoring the how long have i known question.

"she?" he asked, making me shake my head.

"i just think it's going to be a girl." i told him.

"baby, i'm so happy. you have no idea." he told me. well this is clearly the best outcome for the situation. "we're gonna have a halloween baby." he gasped, making me laugh.

"we are." i smiled as he hugged me again.

after i told colby the news, and him reacting so well, i was so relieved. he insisted that we had to go get frozen yogurt to celebrate our pregnancy... and i was not opposed to that.

"so who all knows?" colby asked me, taking a bite of his frozen yogurt.

"just nastassia and calum." i told him, taking a bite as well.

"why does calum know?" he asked with a chuckle. i could tell he was a little pissed that cal knew first but didn't want to seem jealous.

"he walked in right after i took the test so stas and i were just honest with him." i said, telling the complete truth.

"so am i supposed to call my family and tell them orrrr?" he asked, changing the subject.

"i was thinking it'd be best to go visit them so that we could tell them in person. i got little gifts for everyone." i told him.

"do you want to start telling people now or wait until you're further along?" he asked me. it was very sweet of him to be considering my feelings about who was allowed to know.

"soon. i was thinking we could tell my parents next and then all of our friends. i don't want any fans to know for a while though. i don't need the whole world attacking me because i'm 19 and pregnant." i told him with a chuckle.

"i get that. everything will be on your time, princess."