5.2 - baby.

my trip to italy went amazing. it's march 18th now. i had spent valentine's day with colby, as normal. our long distance-ish situation was still going really well.

"hey, what's up?" stas asked, sitting on the couch next to me. we were back in new york for the time being.

"i'm starving," i said.

"we just ate like 30 minutes ago." she laughed.

"well i'm still hungry." i laughed, going to the kitchen to get out the oreos.

"everyone's coming over tonight for a movie night." she informed me, laying back on the couch. by everyone, she meant all of our friends that live in the building with us. it was friday and this weekend, i was not going to LA nor was colby coming to new york. not for any specific reason... it's just how it happened.

so i was probably just going to spend the weekend with our new york friends. i had brunch plans with nicolette on sunday as well.

"ooo fun. i can't wait." i told her, pouring a glass of almond milk. "i feel like i'm dying, i'm so tired."

"take a nap. i'll wake you up when they get here." she offered.

"you're the best, but if i fall asleep, i probably won't wake back up." i told her, laughing. "i might head to nic's apartment for an hour or so... she just got a puppy a few days ago."

"aw what'd she end up naming him?" stas asked.

"bentley, i think." i responded. "knowing her, she'll probably rename the poor dog again." i laughed.

"that sounds like nic."

nicolette and i became a lot closer after i moved to new york. she's now in full support of colby and i's relationship. she knows how much we love each other, and since we've been together for over a year and a half now, she knows he wasnt just trying to sleep with me.

i said bye to stas, walking out of the apartment. nic's apartment is only a few blocks down from mine so i decided to just walk there.

"nic?" i asked, walking into her apartment. i had a key.

"i'm in my closet!" she announced. i headed that way, walking in on her pulling a red crop top over her head.

"well hello." i laughed.

"hi. i have a date tonight!" she informed.

"no way? with who?" i asked her.

"his name is xander. we met in a class. he's so hot, ayls." she told me.

"i'm sure he is." i laughed, sitting down on the couch in the closet, tired from the short walk. damn, i need to get back into shape.

"so where's bentley?" i asked her.

"he's on a walk. they should be back in like ten minutes." she told me.

"you paid someone to take bentley on a walk while you're just chilling at home?" i asked her, laughing.

"hey! i needed to get ready and i didn't want him cooped up in here while i was gone."

"ah yes, to be cooped up in a 2100 square foot new york city penthouse. what a sin." i laughed. "i'm just playing, i think it's good that he's getting out."

"are you hungry? i can make you food real quick?" she asked me.

"i'm always hungry. what do you have?" i asked her.

"oh! i ordered a chicken caesar salad for lunch and then didn't eat it if you want that." she told me.

"are you sure you don't want it?" i asked her.

"i was going to give it to lilah if you don't eat it." she shrugged. lilah is her best friend, who lives with her. they met their freshman year of college.

"okay, good because that sounds so good right now." i said, sitting down at the counter while she got the salad out for me.

"i thought that's what'd you say." she laughed.

"where are you going on your date?" i asked her, stuffing my face with a big bite of salad.

"we're going for dinner at eleven madison park and then going to an art gallery." she told me.

"ooo so he's rich rich." i laughed.

"it seems like it." she said, laughing. "howre you and colby? is he coming in this weekend?"

"we're really really good. he's not coming in this weekend though. our plans just didn't work out together. it's hard for him to get off of work on the weekends." i told her.

"i can't believe he has a net worth of like 700k and still works at that little record store." she said.

"he's paranoid that the 'fame' will go away just as fast as it came in, and he loves that little record store." i told her.

"i just wouldn't be working for practically minimum wage when i'm making six figures." she told me.

"you and me both sis, but it makes him happy so that's all that matters." i told her.

-

"god, that smells terrible. it's making me feel like i'm gonna throw up." i groaned as all of my friends opened their chipotle.

"what's wrong with you? you love chipotle." cal laughed.

"it just smells terrible." i said, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"ayla, when was that last time you had your period?" stassie asked me.

"well that's a personal question." i laughed, opening my app. "it says on here that it ended february 6th. why?"

"do you think you might be pregnant?" she asked me, making everyone look at me as my heart sank. "i mean- not to scare you but it's been well over a month since your last period, and you've been starving for the past two weeks, even when you've eaten. you've been sleeping so much and not to mention, the smell of your favorite food is making you sick." she told me.

"no, colby and i are careful... i'm not pregnant." i told her, barely believing myself.

"ew, we didn't need to know that." jj said, laughing.

"i dont know ayla... shit happens, maybe you should take a test." camille said.

"yeah, i'll buy one tomorrow." i told them, not wanting to think about it.

what if i am pregnant? colby isnt completely sold on the idea of kids. what if colby is mad? or if he tries to leave me? what would i even do? i don't have the time or space to care for a little human. i'm only 19. colbys only 21. this is like my worst nightmare.

prove it ; colby brockजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें