Chapter 43 - Secrets.

Tom's POV - (14th September)

Tomorrow Lil will be 34 weeks, it's exciting now because we know that bubs has a good chance of surviving now if he or she were born. That was the scary part before, was how many problems bubs could have if born that early... I mean don't get me wrong there would still be a lot of support babies would need even now, but at least it wouldn't be as touch and go.

We were told that babies at this stage are fully developed and would just be growing and getting bigger in the coming weeks. Lily's eyes slightly widened when we were told that. As again, she's still bigger than how many weeks she is.

In light of how massive she is, and a couple of the other tests she had done, which came back with odd results, we've had an extra 3D scan and an internal scan so they could do a proper search, because they were starting to wonder if there was a 'hidden twin', apparently it does happen, that gave us a heart attack.

And so did the news that, yes there are indeed two babies. We are having twins!

They're fraternal twins and the one who has been hiding is a little smaller than they hoped for this far along, but with keeping the babies in for as long as possible, we are giving baby B as much of a chance as we can.

We were given information on how this can happen and also some of the reasons why the second baby isn't visible, but we didn't care. As long as they're both healthy, that's all we are worried about right now.

We haven't told anyone else that she's having twins, we are leaving it as a surprise for when they're born.

We've also been to about 20 different classes in the last couple of weeks, to 'prepare' for the babies. Let me just say that, none of what they're saying actually prepares you... from the experience of 2 children before hand, it's going to come as a shock the minute she starts going into labour. Double shock, now that we know there's two on the way.

I'm making her breakfast in bed at the moment. I'm still trying to keep her as calm and chilled out as I can. It can be hard with 2 other kids running around, but we must be doing something right, because she's still going strong.

The kids also went back to school and 2 weeks ago it was Els first day at school, which she is loving! My babies are growing up so much already! Them being back at school though, has helped a lot with keeping Lily calm and sat down!

We've been told that twins usually arrive early and that we can try and aim for 36 weeks gestation, as long as she keeps her blood pressure down.

2 more weeks!

But with finding out this new information, we've also had to buy more stuff for both babies. And Lily has also had to stop going to work last week as well. Her blood pressure was always higher after being at work, so we've thought it safer that she takes her maternity now.

I take her food up and the kids hold her flowers as we go up the stairs and into our bedroom.

She looks so beautiful, sleeping on her side, with my babies inside her. We have talked about the possibility of more, she's coming round to the idea. She gave me a smile last night and said "maybe"

I know we are going to have 4 kids to look after, but I think in 2 or 3 years we could have another one. 5 is okay, and Jacob will be 9 by then, possibly even 10... I feel like that would be a good number for us.

We'll see.

"Baby, wake up. It's 10 and we've made you breakfast" I say softly to her and she opens her eyes slowly.

She looks up and I help her to sit up, she does weigh a ton now. Her small frame with this bulging stomach looks beautiful and strange at the same time, because she's so small.