Chapter 25- Connecting.

Lily's POV (24th January)

We walk back down stairs and when we get to the bottom of the stairs, Tom kisses my forehead gently. My face still hurts but the pitied looks seem to have faded now.

I feel better now that we've talked, or more like shouted, through some of our issues. I think not being intimate and all the stresses are just piling up. We need to remember just how much we love each other and both of us have to make some allowances, as well as talk to each other. This isn't going to work if we don't talk. I know that, it's just hard to remember all the time when there's so much going on.

We walk into the dinning room and Scott is being pestered by the blokes about his vasectomy. He's still in pain and it looks really uncomfortable.

"Well, I still can't believe you finally put a cork in it you two! I thought you were going to keep going until your cock fell off Scott" James says, making Henry and Tom laugh.

Clara laughs, "Well, we felt like having raised 8 kids, it was enough and especially if twins were on the table these days as well. As much as I love my babies... twins made me have to work twice as hard, to get down there back in working order" Clara says.

"Ughh! Mum that's gross!" Ivy says, as I cringe. Ew that's so wrong to think about.

It's so strange that Clara gave birth to 6 babies, but has raised 8 kids, 1 being me, her sister. It's a strange set up and the therapist is talking through all of that with me too, how I can come round to understanding that although it's not conventional, and yes what my parents did by giving me to my sister was wrong, but I was still loved and cared for and still am by Clara and Scott. They love me like a daughter.

"Yeah, well I would have loved to keep going, but Clara told me that we would have seperate bedrooms if I didn't get the vesectomy. So my hands were tied if I wanted to keep getting any." I cringed again at Scott's words and Jax and Ivy cringe too. The other kids in the room are still a tad too young to understand what direction this convetsation has taken.

The other kids start running into the room and jump on Jax. He groans and tells them all to get off of him and that they're annoying.

Henry calls out to them, "what about Scott's turn for the bundle kids?" Scott's face turns pale and shouts, "no please kids don't do i-ahhhh!"

All the kids jump on him in a bundle and when they finally all get up with some stern words from Clara, his face is contorted in pain.

Fuck that's gotta hurt! "Baby you okay?" Clara asks him leaning over him with a hand on his chest. Just watching how concerned she is for her husband shows me what I want to have after being together for so many years.

"Shit babygirl, those fuckers hurt me! Will you kiss it better for me?" Scott face still shows the pain he's in, but also the smirk of a man who's still got a bit of game.

"Maybe later stud, just gotta be careful though haven't we, my sexy man" she leans further forward and kisses him.

"Fuckin hell! Thought it would be funny, instead we could be getting a porno in the making!" James says and everyone laughs.

"You can shut up you fucker, you're the next one to get it done!" Katie says with warning to James. James' face is one of mortification. "What do you mean? We've been okay the last 12 years without me getting one! Why now?" He asks her looking terrified.

"Because I'm tired of taking the pill, it's your turn to take responsibility. I'm not even 40 yet babe, we've got until I'm about 53/ 54 before the menopause will settle in for me, just like the rest of the women in my family.. you've gotta take some responsibility, unless you want more sleepless nights in the near future?" She says with a lifted eye brow and James shudders at the idea of another baby in the house.