Chapter 5 - I Just Can't.

Lily's Pov (7th September)

Fuck. That. Arsehole.

That's all I can think as I sit here listening to Clara and Scott talking with that man. The one whose been giving me the silent treatment for 2 years. How can he sit there and ask about my job promotion from 6 months ago and actually look at me as if he gives a shit.

Yes he's sexy and yes he's all I think about still, even when I'm trying to get in the mood for my boyfriend, but that doesn't make him any less of an ass.

"So you're going to tell Leo, yes?" Clara says to me as she lifts her eye brow, giving me her best mum look. The look that tells me 'you better listen to me'.

I roll my eyes and look away from her with a sigh. "It's not at that stage yet Clara"

"What's happened?" Tom asks looking genuinely interested and confused. Well that's new, he usually couldn't give a shit about me or my life.

Just then Scott comes in with another tea for everyone.

Clara turns to him and says, "Clara doesn't want to be with Leo anymore, she hasn't for a while but won't just end it with him. She's dragging it out and it's only going to make it worse. Tell her it's wrong to do that to him! I think there's someone else in her sights to be honest-"

"Clara!" I shout cutting her off, feeling mortified. I mean, no one knows about my infactuation with Tom other than Lace, but I still don't want him being TOLD that I seem to have eyes for someone else by my sister. "What?! You clearly do Lily, it's obvious! And stringing Leo along is only going to cause more problems later on" she says.

"I think, if she's not sure how she feels, she needs to figure that out herself... if you need time to figure it out Lily, then take the time. You're young, you have all the time in the world... but if you do know, you can't string someone along. That's not fair." Tom says looking straight at me.

Now the beginning of that sounds more like the Tommy I used to know. The man that would give me advise and actually give me the time of day. Talk to me and have a mature conversation, but back then he would laugh with me too.

These days when I say something funny I can see him making himself stifle the laugh or will walk away to hide his amusement. That's obviously where the second part of that comes in. The snide little "you can't string him along". What right does he have to give me advice on my relationship?

I know when this all changed. I went out for a friends birthday to a club. I was pissed before I even got there, but I remember arriving. It was later on that I don't remember. I can't remember anything that happened there, all I can remember is Tom taking my clothes off in my bedroom and him putting me to bed.

I don't remember where he found me, or how or why he was even with me. But the biggest question that I've had since that night, is what the hell happened, because after that night is when he changed. What ever it is I want to know, because it's changed everything.

I spent a few months after that still reeling over our moment in the bathroom and how he looked at me, but also wondering what changed. It pushed my decision to forget him and give Leo a chance, because my thoughts were beginning to consume me.

I look at Tom, not answering him before looking over at Clara, "Clara I don't want everyone knowing what my business is and everything about me, before my boyfriend even knows okay! Just stop it!" I raise my voice and get up, give Peyton to Scott and walk out to the kitchen, putting my cup from my tea down on the side agressively, tea spilling onto the side. I use a cloth to clear it up as I think.

Why does he think he can tell me what I should and shouldn't do?! He doesn't even know me anymore! He doesn't know how I feel or why I even got with Leo in the first place! How can he think he has any right to say anything on the matter.