Chapter 11 - Family Dinner.

Lily's pov (8th November)

It's been over 3 weeks since Tom kissed me. It's turned cold in the November chill and everyone's busy complaining about it, but all I've been able to think in these last weeks is about him. We've seen each other quite a lot lately, I've just gone round to help him with the kids on the weekends, we've taken them out and had some fun.

We haven't taken things any further sexually yet really, although sometimes it gets close, but we are just enjoying each others company. We need to know where we stand day to day, because I think we've already figured out that sexually this is going to work. Once the kids are asleep things get heated pretty quickly and I leave his house a puddle, but I guess it's part of us understanding where we stand with each other.

He's a little stand off ish about us being together, so we are taking it at his pace. We haven't discussed what we are or what's happening. I guess first I need to tell Leo it's over. I've tried to do it the last 3 weeks, but Leo is avoiding me. I think he knows what's coming. I'm giving it until the end of the week and if he still won't see me, I'm just going to have to message him and tell him that it's over. He can't keep running away from it. 3 weeks is too long.

But today I'm going to see my family. Mum and dad have got all the family round at theirs today for a family meal. We don't often have everyone together so it's nice to see my big brothers.

Landon my oldest brother is 36 and his wife Poppy is 35. They have 2 kids Lola who is now 13 and Max 10. They are living about 3 hours away from here now, so we don't see them often, but they all seem to be happy.

I start filling the kettle ready for all the teas and coffees that will need to be made, when I hear to door open.

"The biggest brood is here! No one panic!" I hear Clara call as she comes in, laughing afterwards.

I then hear crying and Scott groan. "Ugh... Clara did you have to shout? She's only just gone to sleep." He says to her, clearly having not been a good day with one of their twins.

"Well babe, she's gotta get used to not being so sensitive if she wants to last in our household" Clara says before leaning up and kissing Scott, as I come into the room.

"Dont worry! Auntie Lily is here to save the day!" I say as I come over to Scott who is carrying a screaming Peyton.

I coo to her and smile, "Hey baby P! How are you?!" I say whilst I move her around and she stops crying and looks at me starting to smile. The girls are over a month old now and getting bigger all the time.

I hold Peyton as they all come in. Ivy, 17 who is on her phone texting away. Jaxon, Matthew, Carter, Aiden and Clara holding a bubbly Kaylee.

It was Jaxon's 13th birthday last week on the 1st of November, he went out with his friends though, saying family were boring. Scott spent the next hour explaining to him how lucky he was to have his family around him. I think he knows, he's just that age where boys don't want their family hanging around them anymore.

We go into the kitchen and Scott's already set about making tea and coffee. Clara setting up the bouncers for the girls. Honestly they never get a moment to stop. My mum and dad walk into the kitchen. "Hi everyone" dad says making his way around everyone for hugs.

Just then I hear the door open again and Benson comes running in. He's 9 now already and Charlie comes strolling in after him.

I'm not going to lie and say I'm not relived that Abbie isn't around anymore. They were so on and off and she was cheating on him left and right. Well, none of us like her.

I know she was Clara's best friend, but what she did to my brother was disgusting. And not only cheating, but she's been coming in and out of his life since she had her daughter Ava 3 years ago with another man. The woman's nuts and doesn't have a clue what she wants. Clara went mad and told her last time she showed up here with Charlie again, that she wasn't welcome to family occasions because she was no longer family.