Chapter 31 - Getting Real Now.

Lily's POV- (24th March)

Today is my 8 week scan. They gave me a big leaflet on what to expect for each week of my pregnancy and what to expect from my appointments. Today is a huge list. So long as this baby is born fit and healthy, I'm happy.

It still hasn't fully sunk in yet what a life changing thing has happened here, but I'm sure it will when I'm showing more. I'm looking a little bloated at the moment. I know I'm not going to be able to keep this a secret until 12 weeks, because no one in my family can, just because the babies all seem to grow so much in the first few weeks, well that or there's suddenly A LOT of water... either way, we all show quickly and it seems I fit the family mould.

I'm meeting Tommie at his house. I haven't moved in yet. I wanted to have my own space for a while first, to make sure that I know that this is the right decision, but who am I kidding? I can't live away from the man. We've spoken everyday still and I pop round every other day to see him and the kids.

Tom can't stop putting his hands round my body and on my stomach. He's going to give it away before anyone else does.

I'm sad that my opportunity to go round the world for work is gone, but I know that the journey I'm on now is bigger than anything else that I could experience anywhere else.

I did have a wobble 3 days after finding out I was pregnant and told Tom I couldn't do it and that I was going to go round the world, but rather than fighting, Tom was calm and listened to me and my fears and what I wanted to do. That was a major turn in our relationship as well, listening to each other rather than fighting.

After I calmed down I realised that what I was saying wasn't what I really wanted. What I wanted was to raise my family here, but it was my fear making me want to run.

It was my nephews birthday the other day, on the 20th, so I give him a quick call to see how his day was.

I then put my phone in my pocket, get out of the car and walking up to the door, it seems too quiet. Maybe they're out?

I knock wondering where they are. Tom knows we've got the 8 week scan today, he knows this is important.

As I knock hands cover my eyes and pull me backwards. I go to scream, but another pair of slightly warmer hands stop me screaming. Oh my god, I'm going to die! I'm going to die and my baby.. oh god what about my baby!

I struggle against the hands but the person behind me suddenly feels familiar, the blood pumping through my veins is still strong and I can still hear my pulse in my ears as I'm still fighting the hands and arms away as best as I can.

Who is it? Oh no... oh god no-

"Oh my god, get off of her! What are you doing Ashton!" I hear Tommie shout and I begin to feel reief.

I breath out a huge sigh. It's just James, he pulls his hands away and I turn to see Ashton and James, both behind me. It's no wonder I couldn't push them away, those two are like units. "What the hell are you doing!!" I shout at them.

"What? You said blind fold her and bring her in so it's a surprise!" Ash says back to Tom. At this stage I'm lost, what's going on?

"Yeah I said blind fold her and bring her in so that it's a surprise for when she's here, not panic her and try to kidnapp her! You need to be careful with her!" By this point Tommie is in front of me with his arms wrapped around me and facing me so he can check on me.

"What's going on, please can someone explain it to me?" I say feeling confused.

"I'm sorry baby, they were SUPPOSED to come over and ask you to put on the blindfold and bring you in for a surprise, not try and kidnapp you. I'm sorry" he says looking annoyed at the two men and then back at me with sorry eyes.