Chapter 34 - No.

Tom's POV- (22nd April)

"No"

My heart feels like it's fallen into my feet. Shit. She said no....

I furrow my eyebrows and stand up. "But... what- why not?" I ask her. She looks like she's about to cry.

"I'm sorry, please don't look at me like that Tommie. It's just .. It's too soon. So much is changing for us at the moment and again everything is becoming a rush.. we said we would take this slowly this time round. The baby is already rushing things along faster than I'd hoped.... " she trails off obviously seeing my heartbroken face.

"Everyone come outside, let's give them some space" I hear Scott say. Everyone files out, but all I can look at is Lily.

"I thought we were in a good place?" I say quietly. Lily's tear falls down her right cheek. Lily moves forward putting her hands in mine.

"It's not that I don't want to marry you, I would love to be your wife... I just think that right now, we need to focus on the changes that are happening here, right now. It's just a lot right now Tommie."

I squeeze her hands together. "So, It's not that you're saying no, it's just a 'not yet'?" I ask her.

If she says no again, I'll need to leave the room. My heart is jackhammering away in my chest, it feels like I'm about to have a heart attack.

She smiles up at me, "it's a 'not yet', one day..." I lean my forehead down to meet hers. Both of our eyes closed. "I love you so much, but I need to get through us having this baby and moving in with you, before we add anything else to the pile" she says.

I nod and lean down further to kiss her lips. We both give each other a passionate kiss and I pull her closer to me. "But next time, make sure there's not everyone's eyes looking at me" she says bossily and I burst out laughing, she soon joins in with the laughter.

I lean my head against hers again as we stop laughing and kiss her again. "Lily Porters, as much as you are going to give me a heart attack, I love you more and more everyday" I say keeping my eyes shut holding onto her.

"I love you too, now let's go out there and show them that we haven't ripped each other apart yet" she says with a laugh.

We hold hands and go back out. "Are you both okay?" Clara says looking worried.

We both give a smile. "Yeah we're okay, and Lily's right. We've got our whole lives for this, there's no rush" I say with a smile and look down at her with a big smile also across her face.

"Right well now that they've done their announcements, we also wanted to ask everyone something." Scott says loudly getting everyone's attention again.

"Oh fuck, he's managed to get her pregnant again even with the snip!" James shouts out and everyone bursts out laughing.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny James! You wait till it's your turn, you won't be laughing then mate!" Scott says with a laugh back to him.

"No, we aren't pregnant again, it's me and my beautiful wife's anniversary in May. The 30th May, 9 years ago I got to marry this stunning woman and we want to celebrate by going away. My grandmother has passed away 3 months ago, as many of you know. We were very close, she owned land in Portugal and on that land she had a villa. Me and Clara last week went to visit it after it being left to me in my grandmothers will. It turns out that in the last 10 years she has been developing it. It now has a huge villa that sits in a horse shoe shape around a pool. It's got an acre of land for the kids to run around on as well and it's near a town and the beach as well. It's got 20 bedrooms and had double beds in most of those rooms and there's 28 of us. And 8 of those are my brood, so we were thinking that it would be perfect for everyone to come and stay there with us, if you all wanted to." Scott looks around the room, judging the faces of everyone.