Chapter 1- The visit.

AN- hey! If you haven't read the first book in, what will eventually be a series, then I recommend you read the first one before starting this. It's called "Why Come For Me?"

This book starts a couple of days after previous books last epilogue. So Jax is 12.

Enjoy the read!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily's pov (7th September)

"Kids come downstairs! Looks whose come to visit you all!" Scott calls up the stairs, once he's opened the door to me and given me a hug. "How are you? Everything been okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, all good with me thanks, from the big smile across your face, I'm guessing you're okay too" I say with a eyebrow raise, he just smiles back and winks at me.

Scott's like a dad to me, nearly as far back as I can remember he's acted in place of my real father.

I have a strange family dynamic. It's definitely not the worst, but I've definitely not been living in a normal household. I mean, my mum and dad gave me to my sister, for her to look after me, so that they could keep their careers.

Knowing that small piece of information would knock anyone's self esteem, but the one thing always in my corner fighting for me is Clara and Scott. My sister and her husband.

I remember the first time that I met him when I was 7 years old. Before I knew it Scott and Clara were together and everything became normal. We were a family unit. It all felt right. I look at the house now, and well.... it's crazy.

I'm 20 and now living with a friend of mine in a small 2 bedroom flat. It's okay, it gives me somewhere to call my own, but sharing it also means no matter whether I'm here at Scott and Clara's or at my own home with my best friend, Lacey, I never get alone time in my own space. It's how it's always been, if I had my own space I'm not sure what I'd do.

This house consists of Ivy 17, Jaxon 12, Matthew 9, Carter 7, Aiden 3 and the two twin girls who are now 4 days old, Peyton and Kaylee. All I'm saying is my sister and Scott are crazy and I don't think I know what Clara looks like, not pregnant, anymore.

Clara is only 29 and Scott's just turned 35 and they have 7 children and had me to look after too. They get a lot of looks from strangers when they go shopping. That's all I'm saying...

I moved out just before the twins were born, because one; it's insane being with all of these kids 24/7 and two; there's just no space in the house left. So I've moved out with my best friend and they are now using my old room for the twins.

They already had to renovate the loft space to make 2 extra bedrooms and another bathroom, before they had Carter, because they knew they wanted another baby after Carter and the 5 bedroom house they had wasn't big enough anymore, when they had me, Ivy, Jaxon and matthew as well as their own bedroom.

They should have known then to stop really shouldn't they! But no... along came 3 more just to fill up all those bedrooms.

No, I do love all of them really, it just gets a bit much sometimes. I used to go and stay with my mum and dad for a night or 2 a few years back, to get a bit of space, but that house just felt too lonely. They were never home or even made the effort to try and be home a little more when I asked to stay, what can you do?

That just about sums up my life though, I don't really belong anywhere... my mum and dad gave me away, I should never have been Clara and Scott's responsibility. Now, I'm trying to make a life of my own and it just feels flat.

I'm working for a company that sells new electronics around the world. It's a good job, that I get paid a decent wage to do. However my only aspiration for the future of working there is to sell abroad, as at the moment I'm just stationed in England. I'd like to be able to get away for a while, even if it is just work.. just to give me something that can be mine. The 8 to 5 hours are good though, Monday to Friday, so I can't complain too much.